Sgt Saunders

Master of space and time

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

206 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago

Well I have another reason morons ruin the game. If you are going to take a weapon, do the job it was meant to do. Take a fighter then supress the enemy air. I get tired of getting hammered by bombers when some joker is using the fighter to taxi to another part of the map or is just joy riding. Another is take a destroyer then use it properly, especially on Adak. You get idiots following the damn carrier around and hammering it, knowing you cannot sink it while the Jap destroyer is blowing the hell out of the base. I have lost count of the times where on the allied team we are down to one spawn point and cannot do a thing because of the Jap destroyer blowing the crap out of the place while the allied destroyer is off cruising someplace. People need to check the messages and RESPOND to them. Act as a team or you are going to get hosed!! Tanks are not taxi's. Don't leave your vehicles in the middle of the airfield!!! And one more...don't drive down the airfield. Nothing like starting to take off and some idiot decides to drive his tank/jeep/halftrack down the airstrip right in front of you. Boom, you both die.:moon:

(gets off soap box):wtf:

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago

You can't sink the carrier on Adak? I actually didn't know that.

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago

About Katyushas and Karelia, the most common reason why people drive away with a shooting Katyusha is that it causes terrible lag when firing and makes the map unplayable until the idiot must reload or somebody takes the truck and drives it somewhere it can't shoot (if the idiot is insane and shoot at own team, outside map etc., the only solution is to teamkill him or drive to the enemy lines and let them shoot him).

[L³]

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

12th January 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

Bottom line is, Katyusa shouldn't cause lag Huffardo. That is probably due to 2 things, ur internet connection and/or your computer's capabilities, it's never happened to me. Also, I was referring to the axis team in my original post. Thing is, artillery should be at the back or middle base on russian side, as long as russians still hold the beach. Not on shore, so it doesnt arrtact attention, and doesn't get shot, that way if russians are trying to defend the beach it doesn't cause lag, like in your case. As for artillery having a one man crew, would be a mistake, it should lock the driver if your'e gunning, or the entry point for the driver should be put somewhere else, if the gunner position is occupied.

Sgt Saunders

Master of space and time

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

206 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago
KillorLiveI have sunk the carrier in Adak. It's not impossible, you just have to blast it a lot.

I must have hit the damn thing 50 times with the destroyer and it didn't sink. What do you have to use a nuke? Some idiot ran it on the beach and we were blasting it with a destroyer, def gun and tanks and it still would not go down. THAT needs to get fixed. I think they should add torpedoes to the destroyers also.

Driver

Tomorrow Comes Today

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

823 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago

I believe in .62, Adek Island is out.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP