Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#51 16 years ago
ringo.ggThe current damage system is ideal imo.

I agree with ringo.gg on this one. :thumbsup:

The damage system makes things very intense and a helluva lot of fun (unless there's spawncampers).

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#52 16 years ago

Fhs Damage system is good. Unlike XWWII it makes one shot one kill actually enjoyable and playable, since you rarely die at the first shoot fired at you. Most time, you can hear one or two bullets zipping past, so if you hit the dirt in time, you can get out of your situation.

And learn to trust your teammates. the guy next to you isn't stealing your kills (like in vanilla), he is actually your life insurance.

On the other hand, people who empty two clips into someone only to be shoot by him are clearly doing something wrong...

leadmagnET

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#53 16 years ago

God I hate it when you get the first hit on somebody only for them to return fire and finish you off.It feels soooo unrealistic.Strike first,strike last,thats the way it should be!The game is so much more exciting when you can hear the rounds ripping through the air around you,with the full knowledge that a hit will most likely take you out.....gives everything much more edge.Yep,players not being able to soak up so much damage is definately one of the big attractions of this mod as far as Im concerned..

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#54 16 years ago

I love the K98 and Enfield now that they're USEFUL and 1 shot kill.

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#55 16 years ago

Archangel85Fhs Damage system is good. Unlike XWWII it makes one shot one kill actually enjoyable and playable, since you rarely die at the first shoot fired at you. Most time, you can hear one or two bullets zipping past, so if you hit the dirt in time, you can get out of your situation.

And learn to trust your teammates. the guy next to you isn't stealing your kills (like in vanilla), he is actually your life insurance.

On the other hand, people who empty two clips into someone only to be shoot by him are clearly doing something wrong...

I totaly agree with you there. FH has produced fun, based on a realistic environment. Allowing everything to be represented (as close as possible) by reality, BUT not to the point where it becomes a kill-joy. Team work is 'enforced' by the game's nature, rewarding those with 'Squad mentality' instead of those with the 'Rambo' mentality. The current dmg system doesnt involve 'true' 1 shot, 1 kill, since there are plenty of times that it takes more than 1 shot to kill someone. But it doesnt goto the point of sillyness (ie 2 clips to kill some1). The FH team has found that 'o-so-important' happy medium, involving balance of reality-fun-teamwork/rambo-arcadishness that so many mods strive to find. THIS is what FH is, an Intense fun, semi-realistic, 'close' to history, 'GAME' of teamwork. Now, granted, not everyone enjoys this. Some ppl want a more 'gamie' feeling when they play, others want hard-core realism, and OTHERs (being FH) like to define (as a community) the 'happy-medium' that we want to be playing in. :thumbsup:

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#56 16 years ago

The Jackalx2kPractice?

CS is where I got my headshot skills from, heh(I don't play it anymore). Also not all CS players are kids...I am 19 turning 20 soon. I use only kar98 and N4 in BF so it can be rough playing against me. I have been playing BF since it came out and I am top 6% at BF stats. Click here(I am Evil sardine) My overall K:D ratio is 4.42 which is good for an infantry man who only uses a rifle and has my playing time(cause some people have high K:D ratios on that site but they have only played for like 3 hours).Yeah yeah I know stats don't say anything really but of course it can show something....

I can't wait till FH cause the kar98 will kill in one hit to the body (two to the legs/arms) instead of 2 shots in BF. Also the SMG's are not one shot one kill. The BAR is about 2 shot kill(which is not that big of a difference from BF cause you can actually die from two shots of a BAR in BF...) but it's so freaken innacurate now its awesome. It has bipods so you must be prone for it to actually be worth something from a distance.

Your stats are blank Jackal they don't show anything, http://www.bfstats.com/player.php?pid=426024&showfull=1&army=1 Mind you my stats show i've only played 2 games which is wrong and it apparnetly took by 1 hr and 1 min to reach the 36 kill mark on Gazala when it only took me 7 mins.... :confused: BFSTATS is buggy.. I would like the see a good tracker for FH. :rock:

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#57 16 years ago

speaking of squad mentallity, i just has one of the most rewaring experiances on El Al. Me and 2 other brits (i had a bren, one was an engy, and the other was AT) defended the south base for about 45 min. Our piat boy would sit on the backside of the hill and blow any amour that came truckng around, our engy had expacks hidden further down the road in case any armour escaped, and I had the hill covered with my bren to keep infantry from sneaking over and taking out our AT guy, as well as spotting incoming armor colums from the german main base.

Lots of fun.. lots of fun. We did about 3or4 runs of this ustil we were bombed to hell my a he111 and a pnzer2 managed to cap our base.

Muddy S

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#58 16 years ago

I have read all the previous posts but heres what I think.

Forgotten Hope's current damage system is spot on in terms of locational damage, however I have noticed a number of bugs with hit detection - several occasions consisted of me shooting a stationary enemy point blank with the mauser and having no effect. Also the rifles at the moment are still too damn accurate, I think you could solve this by introducing iron sights that will make it significantly more challenging to hit someone. I think many people who dislike the 1 shot kill (almost) system just have to realise that because of it - Forgotten Hope has taken a giant step away from BF's mindless arcade style. You need to adjust your playing style greatly when playing FH. For example I spend most of my time on Zelona Gora literally crawling everywhere. It pays off and I can achieve high K:d's for the simple fact that everyone else is charging through the forest begging for a bullet!