RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I don't know if anyone noticed, but it seems that in the most recent of Operation Overlords updates they've thrown out some rather subtle jabs at the FH mod.

Explaining about how they're looking for a 2005 release date and "no silly string of patches, or Road to .034" or some such jargon.

This bothers me, rather extensively in fact. They don't even have a release yet. Theyre looking at 2005 for their very first release.... and they're throwing jabs at FH. Operation Overlord so far has some promising looking stuff, but for the most part its a big bunch of a unskinned models of vehicles and some static objects and buildings.

Makes me happy to know that I will be in the Marines when they do eventually release NEXT year and I can't wait for FH to make them choke on their stupid little comments and put them to shame.

Operation Overlord devs, if any of you browse this board... tell your news updater guy to grow up and stop with the bad case of penis envy. FH mod devs do their best to repress any mod bashing on this site or forum and you guys go and post some freagin' subtle jabs at this mod. Really sad.

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I don't think FH and Op. Overlord got off on the right foot, I can't remember the exact reason, though it has something to do with Malsa I think. It was a waaay long time ago though, if anyone remembers, let me know.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

malsa was a FH fan or something ... and now he is op dev but thats not a reason for them to Bash good old FH!

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

from what Ive seen of Op. Overlord, it'll crash and burn....some nice skins and all but 2005? well I just hope thier team doesnt fall appart by then.....The only reason they jab at FH is because, well what mod doesnt jab at FH? lol

InsaneJakester

G-UNIT and [11PzG] 4eva WERD!!

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

by 2005 if BF:V is mad good no one will play BF:1942 :-{

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Wow, the number of mods working in exactly the same areas are even greater than I feared..

I think you should merge with some of the smaller crews, just to make sure FH stays the largest and best. Finnwars could be nice?

Malsa

FH developer

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

252 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Just to spice things up a little I'm gonna join this discussion lol

1. Ok, you want to speak about that "no road to 0.34 updates"? Sure get in contact with Duck who posted that update. I myself have to agree that maybe, maybe it was a step bit too far. Talk to our newsposter Duck about that.

2. Hey I'm still a fan of FH!!!

3. Yes there are some bad eyes looking at eachother between OpOv and FH... I myself don't get the point of it.

4. We don't have a release yet, no. What's the problem? We're working on something that us devs want to play. Not something you want to play. It's a simple matter of egosim. Never, ever think modders work for you.

5. FH choke OpOv and put us to shame? So you get happy if peoples hard work and hundreds and thousands of hour just *poof* gone?

6. "We" don't throw jabs at FH, Duck does. Altho' I know it is there on the mainpage doesn't mean I agree with everything, or that all other members do.

7. Let me quote Churchill - "We will never surrender!" That means we're not gonna die. OpOv will be released, doesn't matter if you want it or not.

8. I apologize if any of our members or fans behave in a bad way against FH. If you get offended by that (you're a fan, not a dev, you shouldn't be offended by it anyways!) just talk to the person that you feel is behaving rude. But seriously, I'd rather have this discussion with FH-dev vs. OpOv-dev rather than with a fan.

:)

[BFE]ZoDiaK

I eat nubs for breakfast

50 XP

19th January 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

The Duck? The one that used to be in BFE?

Malsa

FH developer

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

252 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Yes, THE Duck who is cynick and used to be in BFE

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP