Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Just a quick question, thats been brothering me: Is it possible to make open vehicles with the bf engine and if so, will we see some of them sometimes? By "open" I mean tanks without roof and "rear wall" such as Marder, Wespe, Hummel or Archer and M10 for the allies (yeah i know wespe and m10 are already in, but not really open ^^). Would it be possible to see and kill the Inf in it then?

btw. What about the Hetzer for the germans in the next versions? ;)

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Humm its deffo possible (whats a jeep afterall, not to mention the Pacific halftracks e.t.c.?) whether they are doing it or not I dont know. no idea bout hte hetzer soz

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I dont know if the vehicles will be open as in can you throw a grenade into one but yes FH is tying to model the open top vehicles. Wait til you see the M-18 Hellcat.

And the Hetzer is shown on the FH website. Whether it will be included in 0.6 has not been been mentioned as of this time.

[KsR]SideWinder

Del Monte, I am your father.

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Jump on top of a regular vanilla BF Half-track and you can look through the MG postion into the back seats, its a pity there is a invisible wall preventing you from plopping a grenade in. I sure its possible, I think FH has a open topped Halftrack although I haven't played it for a while.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

It has, but i doubt that one could jump on top of it and shoot the soldiers sitting there... :(

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

the "open top" halftrack in fh.5 are not really open top, its the bf42 model with an alpha transparent image. im sure when the real "open top" halftrack is model, you will be able to kill the INF inside

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Yeah you can shoot people out of jeeps and when they're in MG positions on tanks, so it must be possible to do the 'open top' thing properly. Harry

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Yeh, there are a few open top vehicals (the new pacific lvc for one) you can shoot the guys out of it, like a jeep. I'm prety sure you can lob a nade in too, but thats really hard to do, given the slippery pysics of bf nades.

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Humm u can pop Xpacks in2 APCs certainly

the old tactic of pilling a jeep full of E packs then ramming it in2 an enemy tank and jumping out and letting of the Epacks is even better when the "holder" is almost custom designed to keep the things in. pity their so slow :(

simo_03

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

the battlegroup mod has a open M10, its pretty cool, you can all jump in there and there are shell's on the side and the loading compartment. Its cool to drive around with 5 people in the top just shooting out.