HDN

FH AI Dev

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

88 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Merry Christmas fellow LAN players/56kers! I've made bot support for the Forgotten Hope map The Battle of Orel 1943. Features: - custom pathmaps - custom strategies - thoroughly tested & tweaked Make sure you read the enclosed Orel Bots.txt for installation/uninstallation information and an important warning if you plan on hosting/playing online games. Note, the file is hosted off my home server, which may not be up all the time. If you get an error, try again later. Enjoy! http://sr.dnsalias.com/orelbots.rar

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Wow, this is what I have been waiting for, eventhough I have ADSL........Orel will be a great map now!!!!!!!

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Very nice HDN, I suggest you get in contact with the devs. I am sure they will accept it and if you like to do more they would probably let you give support for more maps(but by what I hear about doing bot support I don't know if anyone can find it 'enjoyable').

Gen. Disarray

BF42 Single Player

50 XP

27th December 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

FilePlanet Mirror courtasy of BF42 Single Players This is a "no lines no waiting" mirror direct thru the BF42SP site...btw...thanks for the bot support!

HDN

FH AI Dev

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

88 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Thanks for the mirror Gen. Disarray, I was thinking of asking someone for hosting support since my home server isn't particularly fast. As for submitting to the dev team, I'll fire off an email, but I don't think they'll be able to use this file because I had to modify the staticobjects.con file to remove the gates. Modifying the staticobjects.con affects all game types, so the gates would disappear in conquest mode as well as coop. A possibility would be creating a separate map for Orel coop, something like how DC does it with El Alamein day 2, day 3, etc. Unfortunately when I tried this the file size ended up being around 27 megs. I'm no expert with the Battlefield RFAs though, so maybe someone can figure out a way to do it better.

Gen. Disarray

BF42 Single Player

50 XP

27th December 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
HDNThanks for the mirror Gen. Disarray, I was thinking of asking someone for hosting support since my home server isn't particularly fast.

No problem, let me know if you do any other bot supported maps or map conversions and I'll be more then happy to host 'em for you. BTW, I've been playing this map quite a bit today...nice bot pathing...keep 'em coming! :)

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I would love to see more people like you! I have satellite, and can't play online, and if i jack up the bots skills, it can be kind of fun. I hope you do some more maps! :D

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

err i hope you can still play orel online with this bot patch

HDN

FH AI Dev

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

88 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Thanks for the support everyone. I will be doing more bot maps, I already started on a new one today.

As far as I know, you can still join online servers with the Orel bots file. I tested this once and it worked. If you do have problems, just remove the bot file, instructions are in the txt file. It's not actually a patch, but rather a separate rfa file, it doesn't modify any of your original files.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

HDNThanks for the support everyone. I will be doing more bot maps, I already started on a new one today.

As far as I know, you can still join online servers with the Orel bots file. I tested this once and it worked. If you do have problems, just remove the bot file, instructions are in the txt file. It's not actually a patch, but rather a separate rfa file, it doesn't modify any of your original files.

What map are you working on now?