Panther, Tiger, King tiger engine sounds i figured out where thier from -1 reply

Please wait...

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

residentevil3I noticed that a map called Gold rush on Wolfenstein ET, which ia sorta expansion for Castle wolfenstein its free Multi player download.

Anyway on the map gold rush the allies have to get the tank to the bank and steal the gold. That tanks is some kinda version of the stug or panzer 3. The sound on that tank when it starts and mooves the exsact sound on this mod for the panther and both version tiger's.

Did the FH team take the sounds from Wolf and put them on this mod?

That "some kinda version of the stug" is called the jagdpanther, and ET uses the same engine sound on the churchill. Also gold rush is an excellent map.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

I think it's a shame the Panther, Tigers, and IS2 have the same engine sound. I could supply plenty of new engine sounds (from real footage) for them. Kinda got me wondering, if a fan has it, why doesn't the FH team? Also, the Katyusha firing sound is getting close; just needs a bit longer and louder hauling sound. And yeah, the MP40 sound of 0.5 was a bit cooler, imo. I like the nebelwerfer sounds.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago
striderx2048the only thing that matter is a real sound. which sound is closest to the real thing.

DoD! Also the MG42 sound is more realistic in DoD.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago
Nil NolI agree that the FH 0.61 Mp40 sound is very weak and uninspiring. Please steal it from DoD or MoH, please! :)

You should steal it from dod 3.1 or ealier. I can send the wavfile as well as of the MG42 and the better "Ping" sound of the Garand.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

What you guys don't seem to realize is that some of these weapons sounds have been around before the games were created. It is just that the best examples of some of these weapons are used by more than one game. No one "stole" anything from anyone in many cases, the source was just the same and used by both games. I have had recordings of the Panther D, Tiger I, Pak 40, Nebelwerfers, Sturmtiger and other weaps for years and some of them are the same ones used in many games but no one stole them from me. They're in the public domain.

GuRu10

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

We should steal red orchestra's sounds.

opelblitz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th March 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago

I honestly hate "generic" sounds. But some fit in well. Like the M1 Garand is definitely the same sound as used for the Garand in Medal of Honor (Note, I didn't say "it's from medal of honor!" [whether it is or not is besides the point]) I think it's a good sound, although it doesn't sound like MY Garand in real life. But it's closer than any other implementations I've heard.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago
KingrudolfI think it's a shame the Panther, Tigers, and IS2 have the same engine sound. I could supply plenty of new engine sounds (from real footage) for them. Kinda got me wondering, if a fan has it, why doesn't the FH team? Also, the Katyusha firing sound is getting close; just needs a bit longer and louder hauling sound. And yeah, the MP40 sound of 0.5 was a bit cooler, imo. I like the nebelwerfer sounds.

yea a louder sounds for katyshkas i love thme now but louder ones would own so hard!!