Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

The Panzer II is in need of a makeover. I put 30 rounds into the BACK armor of a M3 Stuart and it wouldn't register a hit. Both our tanks weren't moving, it wasnt lag. It's just innacurate coding. The PanzerII could penetrate the FRONT armor of a M3, but it cant in FH.

The Panzer II needs to have a 20mm gun similar to the Sdkfz 20mm/MG34 scout car. No slow-moving rendered projectiles (treat it like a 20mm aircraft cannon), realistic damage, splash damage for the 20mm round, and a new 20mm sound. Tobruk is a JOKE right now, axis can't win unless the other team is full of noobs.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']The Panzer II is in need of a makeover. I put 30 rounds into the BACK armor of a M3 Stuart and it wouldn't register a hit. Both our tanks weren't moving, it wasnt lag. It's just innacurate coding. The PanzerII could penetrate the FRONT armor of a M3, but it cant in FH.

Yeah I've noticed that. It seems you have to hit the turret of the Stuart to do damage.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

M3 had pretty thick front armor for light tank in fact it was comprable to that of an early war medium tank. But i will agree if it cant penetrate the rear of an M3 its pretty messed up.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Stuart owns anything on the AFrican maps because of the lack of PIIIs.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Yeah the Panzer2 on Tobruk is absolutely useless! I pored about 34 rounds into the back of a Stuart, and it wasn't even hurt! Then he finished me off with two shots in my frontal armor.. all it is good for is wiping out infantry, which is pretty tough too. Somehow it doesn't shoot at the aiming point, and you have to use the scope to aim. This gives the engineers an excellent chance to expack you if you weren't finished off by Stuarts already.

The best advance I've seen is when the Axis conquered the three southern spawns, and that's it. They couldn't advance on open terrain simply because there was no tank support that could hold off the Stuarts. All we could do is hope we won't get shot by infantry and tanks and try to expack the Stuarts. This map is horribly unbalanced, I can't believe they didn't even test this map once. I always wondered, why don't they add the Panzer3?

Forrest Hump

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
KingrudolfYeah the Panzer2 on Tobruk is absolutely useless!

Its always fun to take your PZ2 on top of the big hill and shoot down at tanks near the middle flag....people dont think matildas can be touched but if you get em in the engine from above BOOM...great fun.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Stuart owns anything on the AFrican maps because of the lack of PIIIs.

*Sniff* That's my Stewie!

I found it easy to kill enemy tanks on battleaxe with the Panzer II, maybe it was luck. But I do agree, the Panzer 2 is in need of a redo, you could make it fire AP shells bacause, even if it is faced with infantry it could use the high rate of fore or the machine gun.

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

It's gonna be real nice to see the PzIII with that high-velocity 50mm KwK L/60 main gun (yes I'm saying that the "Mark III Special" -- the PzKpfw III Ausf J / Sd.Kfz.141/1 -- should be put in the North African maps).

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

On a semi-related note, I've killed crusader II's with side PzII fire. I was shocked with how few rounds it took.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

It takes 10 PanzerII rounds to the back of a CrusaderIII to kill it. The problem is that the 20mm PanzerII rounds are completely different physically then the 20mm Flak AA rounds and the 20mm aircraft rounds and the 20mm Sdkfz rounds. They all use a different code and damage model.

The Slow-moving and huge projectiles that the PanzerII fires is really dorky and innacurate IMO, the 20mm round shouldn't be seen as a tank round, as it was basically a large bullet.

Try the XWW2 PanzerII (it's on El Al) for an idea of what I'm talking about. Theirs is a perfect machine.