Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Just played the mod and i find it very promising.

However i found the armour on the pzIVH (the one with long gun and skirts) to be to thick. It took 2 shots at point blank range in the side from a tiger. That isn't realistic at all. It had some 30mm of armour and the tiger has about 120mm of penetration @100m. That model of tank should be almost identical in protection as the t34-76 m1943.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Yes, that's a bug that needs to be fixed Same goes for the stug...

Gnarg!

GF makes me horny

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

A t 34 shot me in the back when i had that tank..i slowly turned around, he shot like 5 shells on me, then i wait just to annoy him, fires one shell, BOOOM he shot 6 on me i shot 1, i won.. :uhm:

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Yeah, the tiger is too weak.

I shot a sherman tank on market garden, he was on the other end of the bridge, i shot with my tiger: took 2 shots to waste it. One should have been enough.

ShinBakamongi

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

mmmm the problem is that most tanks are taking to many hits ... but i like it! :rock:

Plata

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I like the tiger what it is.

SensesFail

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
PlataI like the tiger what it is.

I think its more of the fact that you guys are getting hit in the wrong spots on the tiger...

if you direct the front of your hull at the shelling you can sustain something like 8 hits without blowing up...if they get you on the sides or back it'll take significantly less...I think the back is two shots...

on the battle of orel I was in a PIV and wasted a tiger because he kept shooting at my front and I got him in the rear...it was really close and I was scared I was going to blow up...but I got around him quick and wasted him...I think the damage system is good...matters where you hit him...

heh...and to me it feels like the T34 is one of the best tanks (obviously it was considered the best of the war) but its awkward to see that little tank defending punishment from a tiger...

rIFTEr [HSF]

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

I T34'd a Tiger with five shells, he killed me with one. I asked if I damaged him "Negative". It was close range fighting also. Took me 3 DIRECT Artillery sheels to waste a Tiger, I was about 30 feet from it! The Panzer 4, I tossed in all 4 AT shots while a mate tossed two, it "started" to smoke. I don't like the tanks battles as they are now, I find people using a Tiger can control most of the map.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

You can easily take out oa Tiger if you know what you are doing. I took out a tiger that had full health with a couple of bazooka shots. I also did it in a sherman.

Tank battles are perfect the way they are.

Also, senses....if you turn your front hull towards a sherman and he hits it dead on it will probably do no damage(Just like in real life). But those 105mm shermans are a different story D:

Btw "peo" means fart in spanish.

SensesFail

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

The Jackalx2kYou can easily take out oa Tiger if you know what you are doing. I took out a tiger that had full health with a couple of bazooka shots. I also did it in a sherman.

Tank battles are perfect the way they are.

Also, senses....if you turn your front hull towards a sherman and he hits it dead on it will probably do no damage(Just like in real life). But those 105mm shermans are a different story D:

Btw "peo" means fart in spanish.

heh...hey jackal...I was playing with you tonight a little if you didn't notice...

I just have an idea...I remember hearing that it was common for Shermans to light up when hit by a shell...the entire front hull would be engulfed in flames and would continue to burn even though the shell didn't penetrate the hull...it might make for a nice effect...