vexx0r

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

2nd February 2004

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Allies Plane carrier is so cool a thing! AA guns are great and the part where u get your own plane on 2 the elevator and up to flight deck! NICE

Now the down side of it all!

• There are some guns (cannons) in front of the ship that can’t be used?! nice deco?!
  • The flight deck is not wide enough, which means that the faster plane at start up ( 2. on deck) must wait until the 1. one gets off
  • what’s the point of having to rise planes from below the deck when u cant fly of it because of other planes spawning like crazy on the upper flight deck, and if the lift is down when u happened 2 spawn u fall down on deck 2 and end up without 70% of HP at spawn, or as I once tried, u fall through the whole ship and in the water?!

The problem is not enemy planes shooting all around, cause their dmg. is way 2 low, your biggest enemy is the carrier it self! Also planes need the full length of the airstrip (carrier and land) to get air borne, which makes it impossible to get off if the ship is moving. if the ship is just moving a bit, plane turnes towards the tower and since their controls respond like shit u crash… if on land u need like 2min 2 get off the ground, and the whole airstrip 2 your self!

For ex. Al A. the bomber plane gets airborne before the fighter (SF), which also fly’s like a cow, now that makes sense!

And the last thing, what is the point of having the Russian planes in the game when they suck like crazy? U cant 2 anything with them?! If I continue I’ll just end up with other posts on how much planes suck so I’ll just go back 2 carrier, and open an discussion on it… what do u dudes think?

Roger Waters

Crash hates me. :( >:(

50 XP

25th July 2003

0 Uploads

194 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

*EDIT*

there is no need to bash others because they cant speak / write English as well as you do. You can flame him because he talks nonsense though.

Pasquill

Toast

50 XP

13th September 2003

0 Uploads

358 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

there is no need to bash him.

EDIT:Aces beat me to it.

AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Ah maybe he s just frustrated because he was shot down as russian pilot too many times.

we ll look into the carrier problem though.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

He's compleatly right about the carrier problem. Why the hell do planes spawn in FRONT of the elevator, when theres plenty of room behind it?

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Yea being able to use the cannons on the carrier would be great for self defence. And it is annoying that you can't really use the aircraft in the hangar due to there is always another aircraft in front, as well as your point of the bombers being infront of the fighters.

Another issue is due to the insane distance needed to take off and land now and yet all airstrips are the same distance on everymap, including the aircraft carrier, making landing almost impossible, especially on Alpenfestung-1945 where the jets can barley take off before they hit the trees or mountains and landing is outright impossible without bailing out of the aircraft causing damage to yourself, and is the only way to ingauge the brakes.

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

but if the cannons work it would own the jap carrier on coral sea. its range would be long enough to hit it i bet.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

who plays coral sea?

Zeroes OWN f4s anyways. It's still a jap win.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
McGibsHe's compleatly right about the carrier problem. Why the hell do planes spawn in FRONT of the elevator, when theres plenty of room behind it?

Now imagine if the planes were spawning behind the lift. You get into one of those planes at the back, start accelerating for take-off, and then a lift with a plane comes up right in front of you. With no means to break, you crash into him, destroying 2 planes and getting a TK. Ohhh, imagine all the complaining if the devs would have put the planes at the back. I don't understand why people see only the problem, but fail to realise the rationalle for why the devs decided to do what they did I do however agree that there shouldn't be any planes spawning on the top at all.

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']Now imagine if the planes were spawning behind the lift. You get into one of those planes at the back, start accelerating for take-off, and then a lift with a plane comes up right in front of you. With no means to break, you crash into him, destroying 2 planes and getting a TK.

If you are stupid enough to try and take off while the lift is down you deserve to die a horrible flaming death more than one time.