Valdez

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

456 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago

harder to be seen, harder be hit by AA, more time to dive bomb,and if you get it right, you only need a glimpse of your target to get ready to bomb it. And you only need one bomb.

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago

Im not sure about the harder 2 be seen harder 2 b hit thing, If ur above the clouds ur above the clouds full stop. Once you have gone above the clouds no one can see you and no one can hit you (bar with luck) so it really makes no odds of you 2 meters above the fog or 50, same result just 50 takes longer 2 get 2 ;)

Valdez

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

456 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago

I refine my bombing as I go along and here are my updates for my guide book to FH 0.5e version mod bombing. When you see your target ahead of you, pull up slightly to gain some extra altitude and pull your throttle to negative as you slow down, and to neutral as you finish your turn upside down. Drop bomb when target is in crosshairs, and as you pull up increase throttle.

Now things to do when you have a fighters, dive bombers, and normal bombers on one map on your team.

Fighters, keep other fighter's busy and get the bombers.

Dive bombers first targets should be any nearby AA guns around the major area of conflict, and then focus on the armor.

Normal bombers focus on the armor and let the dive bombers handle the AA guns, and put some faith in your fighter allies. After the strike send in the tanks and troops. lol blitzkrieg I end up explaing, lol. Just realized it.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

Whats with all this cut throttle shit? I've spoken and fought most of BF's top pilots and NONE of them cut throttle when they dive bomb. Cutting power is stupid because it means when coming out of the dive you have hardly any power. I keep power at max at all times. Quebec is right once ur above the fog regardless of height no AA can see you so u are free to dive bomb..

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago

Originally I only used the mouse for rudder (two hands for beginners) and an old Thrusmaster F16 FLCS but it finally died. So I got the Saitek as many had spoken about it when I played WWIIOnline. I'm left handed as well so the JS on the right and mouse on the left is normal.

Keymap is like this

Mouse1 - throttle up Mouse2 - throttle down

Reason - mouse clicking is normal and easier than a keyboard

Rudder - JS twist and mouse X axis

With JS twist and mouse X axis mapped to rudder you get more effect than if you only use one.

Ever been on someone's tail and they barrel roll out of your fire, bleed enough airspeed to shoot you down? Ever followed someone into an outside loop only to see them longeback and shoot you down? Rolling scissors really cut you up?

Valdez

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

456 Posts

0 Threads

#36 17 years ago

There are a few plane tactics that I know, about (read them in a book, a ww1 book, but some of the principals apply, still. Was from the father of aviation dog fighting, downed by his own team mate (mid air crash) the landing killed him. No seat belt (that is why you always wear you seat belt, he didn't though wear his that day) He was the teacher of Manfred VOn Richotoven, and many of germany's greatest aces of the war. Now if I can only remember his name..... his buddy was Max Immelmann.... oh yeah now I remember his name was Boelcke, and he made the Boelcke's Dicta.

1. Try to secure advantages before attacking. If possible kep the sun behind you. 2. Always carry through an attack when you have started it. 3.Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is propery in your sights. 4.Always keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses. 5.in any form of attack it is essential to assial your opponent from behind. 6.If your opponent dives on you, do not try to evade his onslaught, but fly to meet it. 7.When over the enemy's lines never forget your own line of retreat. 8.For the Staffel:Attack onprinciple in groups, of four or six (two or three in this game) When the fight breaks up into a series of single combats, take care that several do not go for one opponent.

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#37 17 years ago

ALSO - If you go high enough, you can drop multiple bombs in the same run. Just aim a little higher than the crosshairs when you're higher up, and less higher when you're closer. If you do it right, you can get the AA AND a tank or infantry group in one run. Gazala is a good map to practice - just keep divebombing the B17 to get started, then move on to bombing tanks and AA guns, until you can hit targets of any size.

Valdez

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

456 Posts

0 Threads

#38 17 years ago

yeah I have done that in El Alamian... damn I can't spell. With the stuka, I can take out 3 or 4 tanks lined up next to each other if I Do it right, not done in battle conditions though. Problemis you jsut need to nkow where the enemy is...

Fezarella

Lacoste

50 XP

16th December 2002

0 Uploads

6,610 Posts

0 Threads

#39 17 years ago

Yes dive bombing is cool :)