Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

To all those who play on the WGN FH server:

WGN has provided an excellent, administrated server for the Forgotten Hope mod and its community but due to recent events continueing this has been brought into question.

Because of continued player behavior on the server which is unacceptable and distruptive to others, a change of policy will be adopted. We are aware the majority are interested in fun games with good teamwork and making the most out of an excellent mod for BF1942 but due to a minority of players who cannot accept several simple rules are kick and ban policy will change.

• Team Killing - Deliberate TK'ing will be met with a 1 week ban.
  • Basecamping - Players will be warned first. If ignored they will recieve a 1 week ban.
  • Racist Langauge - No warnings will be given and will be met with a permanant ban from all wolfgaming.net servers.
  • Abusive Langauge - Players will be warned but if ignored it will be met with a 1 week ban.
  • Using another players name - This will be met with a ban if proven. Since CD key banning is now available this will not effect the player being impersonated.

Administrating the server can be very stressful and in a bid to help the both the admins keep the server clean and also provide a more enjoyable atmosphere for those who enjoy playing the game for what it is we've deemed this action necessary .

Failing this, WGN will discontinue hosting Forgotten Hope on its dedicated dual Intel P4 3.06Ghz server and use this very valuable resource and bandwidth elsewhere.

Action like this is taken very seriously and have never had to consider this before for any server. If you have questions or queries about this or regarding the WGN FH server in general please goto www.wolfgaming.net where we are happy to help.

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

At last some action is taken. Lately I tried to avoid it as much as I could. Damn vehicule stealing even turned me to TKing does smacktards. Which by it self is not to be justified but sometimes it is just too much.

Used to be an OK server , hope it returns to its former glory

yuiop

Snowden's Secret

50 XP

23rd May 2003

0 Uploads

3,752 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Could you clarify the basecamping rule? Is it ok to take vehicles from an enemy's uncappable spawn? Is it ok to booby trap vehicles in an uncappable spawn (placing mines on vehicles, for example)? If all the flags are taken is it ok to camp the uncappable spawn? thanks.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

you could atleast making the hit points higher so more time to fight

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I think this server is awesome and im worried to see that its a problem or worrying the administration.

I just have one question. In the event of chat lag and a warning is given, what if the player misses it?

I can't remember if chat lag was removed in 1.6 so yeh.

Also, with basecamping. What if one team has all the capturable flags? What is your policy on this?

mondogenerator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

You can steal vehicals and even booby trap them but as a rule of thumb please leave the uncap base ASAP, vehical or no vehical. You may have the best intentions not to spawn camp/basecamp in the uncap base while stealing a vehical but to other players this may not come across;)

If all the flags are taken you may NOT enter the enemy base but as you can fire into and bomb the uncap base whether the flags are taken or not. This has always been the case on all the WGN BF1942 servers.

There is no chat lag after 1.6 so its down to the player to see the warning. On many occasions players do see the warnings but ignore them unless they are specifically at them. These rules apply to everyone. No one is an exception to them.

I hope that answers your question.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Do the warnings come up in gray text? With the players name?

mondogenerator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

There are two types of server messages that appear in grey text (they always have been since the beginning). One set are general warnings like *Do not basecamp the enemy uncapturable base* and *Do not Teamkill* which appear ever minute or so. These are generic server rules and apply to everyone.

Individual warnings are for those who think there an exception to those rules.

Also admins warn over the normal chat.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Ok, I'm glad to see that you're admins are actually decent people. Unlike some servers we know.. *winks*

Well yeh thats it.

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Awesome -- the deliberate TKs are starting to get annoying. Unfortunatley, there are going to be a lot more 0.6 servers that need administration, not just WGN.