mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

It always been administrated. Theres dozens of WGN BF1942 server admins but we have more than half a dozen servers (not to mention the multiple NWN, Ghost Recon, IL2:FB, DoD and CoD servers) which run BF1942 24/7 365 days a year. Since admining these servers is voluntary and people have IRL responsabilities like family and jobs its not possible to admin all the servers all of the time..but we try.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

Finally...but I would like to say something. Your admins better decided whether the "planecamping" issue results in a ban. I got banned for taking a real bad plane 3 times in a row.....I was terrified of this....so please change your policies about that. And also please, please warn the players twice before banning.......thank you.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

Do you need more admins then?

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

sempai(be)At last some action is taken. Lately I tried to avoid it as much as I could. Damn vehicule stealing even turned me to TKing does smacktards. Which by it self is not to be justified but sometimes it is just too much.

I know exactly what you mean here.......

That same idiot that was perma banned here was driving me nuts with his camping and vehicle stealing ( all he does )

He has brains though.....instead of using chat he finds other ways to insult you. Such as kneeling in front of you imitating you know what....

That was not a joke, that was an intentional insult. No man does that to me, in RL or virtual......i cut his head of right in front of a guy with a [Wolf] tag....ahem....

TK is usually something i do not do, even when done to me. I even type ftk a lot to forgive accidents.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

You didnt need to tk him...

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago
-Moldie-You didnt need to tk him...

In real life i would have at least displaced his jaw......tell me how to do that ingame and i'll be happy to do that instead. It is the curse of internet anyone can just say ( or in his case insult ) anything to you without fear of RL consequences.

I did take this warning serious though, it was also for me.....i will not tk on purpose ever again....not even that %^$ !!

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

Silly boy...

EDIT: Sorry for going offtopic WOLF guys.

Your server rocks :bows:

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

'[11PzGmatyast']Finally...but I would like to say something. Your admins better decided whether the "planecamping" issue results in a ban. I got banned for taking a real bad plane 3 times in a row.....I was terrified of this....so please change your policies about that. And also please, please warn the players twice before banning.......thank you.[/QUOTE]

We are aware of this and action has been taken. No player is to be banned for plane camping UNLESS they continue to do so after multiple warnings and kicks. The main problem with plane camping is when half the team are waitng for a plane thats already in flight, team play goes down the pan and its frustrating for other players. Please use common sense if you want to fly a plane, if theres people there already waiting then its probably best to do somthing else.

Players will be warning once before being banned. There are constant messages in rotation warning players of the rules not to mention server messages given to individual players which all other players can see. If these blatant and very noticable messages are ignored then there will be no sympathy for those who choose to ignore them.

[QUOTE=-Moldie-]Do you need more admins then?

We do not need more admins currently. Admins at wolf are asked based on there community input, general attitude and age.

JohnnyKnoxville

I'm not from here

50 XP

15th August 2003

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago
'[11PzGmatyast']Finally...but I would like to say something. Your admins better decided whether the "planecamping" issue results in a ban. I got banned for taking a real bad plane 3 times in a row.....I was terrified of this....so please change your policies about that. And also please, please warn the players twice before banning.......thank you.

Planecamping will get you banned if you were previously kicked for it; as it is a minor offense, it will usually only be a temporary ban. Any offense can result in a ban, both depending on the severity of the offense and if you have done the same thing before already. Some offenses (eg. racist language) will result in a ban right away usually. However, we will not post a list of "what can you do before you get banned" for obvious reasons - this would get exploited very fast.

Players are always warned before they are kicked or banned. However, if there are 7 or 8 people planecamping, do not expect individual warnings. There'll be general warnings over the chat, and if the people do not move on then, there will be kicks for sure.

Please realize that admining such a large server is more a job than a pleasure. Some admins spend hours in there admining it without really playing, which gets frustrating quite fast...

And finally, we will NOT give admin rights to people we do not know, so don't bother asking. We will add more admins over time, but only active WGN members will be considered after they have been a member for some time. (WGN is a free gaming community, so everyone can sign up).

EDIT: Also, please remember we have a TeamSpeak server for all WGN members to use; sign up on our site and get the info. Games are much more fun on TS, trust me. You can also usually find admins on TS, and even if they are not playing FH at that moment they will be happy to help you if there are problems. Many admins also usually idle on IRC in #WOLFs on Quakenet, so if you need assistance on the server, hop on and give us a shout! (if you do not have an IRC client, we have a Java Applet on our site that allows you to get into our channel).