Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Howdy folks...

There´s nothing that pisses me more off than playing a round of Battle of the bulge and being shot in the arse by a panzerfaust n00b while i´m hiding somewhere in a sherman/other crappy tank and keeping the axis from crossing the bridge.

The whole point of the map is to keep the enemy from crossing the bridges, and its only possible if the teams work together.

However, there´s always some "Rambo-like" lonesome cowboys who swim through that fuckin ice cold river with their rifle + panzerfaust and then f*** you from behind or take the allied base.

I say :

Make people loose health if they swim through the rivers on winter maps like Botb or Valisirisk (SP?).

So, gimme your opinions on that.

JW

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I agree. I always wondered how exactly someone survived an ice cold river swim. I like you idea. Let em swim it, but just let health leak away like it does when your in the water for too long. What about a current too?

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

well, i think a current would be too much, but rafting would give the game a whole new idea...

The XWWII devs made some invisible barbed wire under the water, so you loose health and cant make it to the other side alive.Only problem there is that you hear the barbed wire sounds when youre swimming.Well, wont hear that for long, so its ok...

Battle of the bulge, wich is the best vanilla map in FH, would benefit greatly from that small improvement.

JW

InsaneJakester

G-UNIT and [11PzG] 4eva WERD!!

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

YEa on cold winter maps make their health drain. They could use the same code for drowning as freezing to death in the rivers.

ON all other maps especailly in the pacific let people swim. alitlle warm water won't kill you but cold water will

Black Warship

www.forgottenhonor.com

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

well imho i think you should be able to cross the the waters in rivers like bocage, but in Battle of the Bulge i think more you shoudl be able to walk right over it. Because with those temperatures water should be frozen. In the pasific waters, well dunno the temperatures there, but i think there pretty warm, so distences like those on Invasion on the philepines or however you write that, should be possible to swim.

If the we dont have frozen water in BF, then i doubt that enyone in almost frozen water should die, cause in BF there are practicly no big distances. Crossing rivers in Battle of bulge arent that great and i think i could servive that easily.

Water beeing cold doens't mean its impossible to cross, irl you should automaticly get shaken en little bit shoked when entering it. But the bodies reaction would be swimming really fast.

Getting out of the water is the part when its REALY getting cold by feeling. So i think 5% damage in BF would do that trick. But still, you aint dieing of that.

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Put barbed wire the water in winter maps.

InsaneJakester

G-UNIT and [11PzG] 4eva WERD!!

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
If the we dont have frozen water in BF, then i doubt that enyone in almost frozen water should die, cause in BF there are practicly no big distances. Crossing rivers in Battle of bulge arent that great and i think i could servive that easily.

HArd to swim with a 20 pund gun and other supplies

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Would be fairly easy to swim the river in Battle of the Bulge. The real trouble would start when you get to the other side and find you're soaking wet and in a very cold place. ;)

I'm unsure about the idea of disallowing swimming however. Theres already enough of a bottleneck due to the bridges, and infantry should be there to stop AT guys swimming across.

javierlopez

tester

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

516 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Josey Wales Make people loose health if they swim through the rivers on winter maps like Botb or Valirisk

:agreed:

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

guys, it doesnt matter if YOU could make it across, or if it doesnt look too far, bla bla bla.....we're talking GAMEPLAY, and by having people swimming across the rivers on BotB and Valirisk, you lose the whole point of having bridges to defend/use in the map, save for tanks crossing!

I say make it happen, XWW2 did it, and their BotB rocks now, since everyone is focused on the bridges and not on lone wolfs trying to take the back flags!