Possible to make artillary, run by one guy? -1 reply

Please wait...

We're currently in the process of moving servers, parts or all of the site will be unavailable for a few hours. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Don't you hate it when you have a bead on a target and some smarktard goes in and drives the priest right into the heat of battle where it gets blown up with one hit?

I don't see any reason why there needs to be 2 spaces on this vehicle at all.

Malsa

FH developer

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

252 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Well, I see. If it would be a one position vehicle people would use 'em as tanks. So keep it as it is.

But... I think I have a solution to this, if it is codeable of course. When sitting as a gunner you could have some kind of function that makes it impossible to the driver to move the whole thing.

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I like it the way it is.

Artillery vehicles are not supposed to go to the battle front and exposed themselves to enemy fire, due to their light armour.

If a noob rides it to the front he will end up dead in 3 seconds. Get out and wait for outher to spawn. Sometimes they just drive them to the planes to get one. But they do the same with tanks, anyway.

Artillery and tank hunters should have 2 seats (even 3, if possible, for the AA and chassis machine guns - the chassis mg could be operated by the driver?).

The wespe and priest had AA mg's, did you know that? - but dice didn't do them on their models...why? god only knows.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Speaking of artillery, how bout an open-top wespe ? I like when they throw a molotov ****tail :p in it in Saving private ryan. Of course that may not be a wespe, but it looks like one.:eek:

Lude

GF makes me horny

50 XP

8th December 2002

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Yes, that vehicle that ends up burning in SPR is not a Wespe, it´s a Marder 3 M (tank-killer), there will be open top wespes and all the ones that were open top will be (these vehicles will have separate driver and gunner positions to avoid easy kills).

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Actually it's a panzerjaeger 38(t) :p

Lude

GF makes me horny

50 XP

8th December 2002

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

That is the name that any of them had when they were made in the Panzer 38(t) chassis, even the Hetzer is a PanzerJager 38(t), this is the one shown on SPR.:p

Marder 3 M

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/35255marder3m/marder3m.jpg

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Want to know how to fix it? real easy...

Give the gunner a backwards power equal to the drivers power, so if a noob tries to drive forward, just hold down that back button...You arent going to drive backwards into combat as a gunner, and if the driver turns around...you know you are being smacktarded...jump out and nade that bitch...

DauntlesDouglas

reviving old forum accounts

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

or enable you to "lock" or "unlock" the vehicle commands.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I say, if possible, make a command so the gunner can lock vehicle controls.

It wouldn't be right to see a wespe used as a tank, it would devastate infantry even more than it does now...