Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Well, that article on Tweaktown.com about BF1942 tweaking(http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=420) made me want to know some good FH tweaks. Sooo...post your sys. specs and what works well with those settings. Yeah I'm a loser.

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

P4 2.5 GHz Geforce FX 5700 128 mb 512 mb RDRAM (i think its RD) Creative Audigy 4:1 speakers

I have AA at 4x, AF set to off, 1024x768(or whatever it is)x60 All settings maxed except for Environmental Mapping, which I heard was useless anyway. Sound, I think I've got it to 32 channels, full detail

It runs pretty smooth overall, except on the start of maps, when its real choppy getting all the textures and such. Otherwise it runs like a dream

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

thanks, that link got rid of what lag i did have.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Pentium 4 (P7) 2.4B on an Intel D845PESV 768MB PC2700 SDRAM (1x512, 1x256) Gigabyte Radeon 9600XT 128MB SoundBlaster Audigy2 playing through Creative Inspire 5300's WD800JB I play with all sound and video settings maxed, as well as forced 6xAA/16xAF. The only lag I get with any regularity it due to my craptastic 56k connection. I found that tweak guide awhile back and went through it, but found most of the tweaks to be either already in effect (or had no impact on performance when I put them in), or completely killed performance. So I went back to defaults, and get 40-60fps almost always. And until about two days ago, I was running my video card @ 535/690MHz (engine/memory, respectively). Then, for no reason whatsoever I started seeing artifacts EVERYWHERE at those speeds, and now can't run much about 515e/625m without generating loads of artifacts. FactionRecon~ Just for posterity's sake, unless you made your own motherboard, you've got SDRAM.

hawkeye47x

death by eXpak

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
Sgt. DinkyDuckthanks, that link got rid of what lag i did have.

what by chance did you change?

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

a few of the in game settings

brought texture quality up all the way, undidt that setting enviromental maping, and that one seemed to get rid of the tiny bit of lag, i know that bringing up the texture quality probably was self defeating. but it worked

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Here's a few progs that will help you out.

Spybot S&D, an ad-ware scanner-remover that was built by the open source community, so it's free. It can give GREAT increases in preformance if your system gets saturated with malevolent programs. Link below.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

Panda ActiveScan is a java-based Virus scanner that is on the internet, so there's no need to install it to your PC. Antivirus programs have always slowed down everything on the computer, so this is a great way to scan every now and then and not have that wasted space and slow preformance. It does collect information about the virii on the computer and reference it wtih locational data to get an idea of what virus outbreaks are the worst and where, so if you don't feel comfortable telling the company what you have on your computer, don't use it. I just scanned, and I had 3 trojans and a buttload of exploits.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

And last but not least, disable visual themes in windows and set desktop depth to 16 bit. It frees a lot of video ram up.

Also: In VideoDefault.con, make sure you have AllowAllRefreshRates 1 enabled, and make sure the resolution you're running at is 85hz, or as high as your monitor can support. It makes for a clearer picture and a lot less eye strain. It won't affect your preformance in any great way.

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Well,somewhere on tweaktown,theres a link to a great program called cacheman,done wonders for my ram. Last night,I felt brilliant. My game is no longer laggy on FH. I have textures to 100,1024x728@100hz,graphics to medium, and effects to medium as well along with the extras on(lightmaps,shadows,and enviro effects). What I did was put the sound quality to 22khz(can't tell the difference)and put the sound detail to medium.So much better and this was with 50 people on Prokhorovka. Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64mb ram. 512mb Ram. 1.5 GHz p4 processor.

InsaneJakester

G-UNIT and [11PzG] 4eva WERD!!

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

CachemanXP or Cacheman 5.50?

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP