GhostPoet

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd January 2002

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

Ok...good mod, been looking forward to it...except for the obvious need to improve the sluggishness of the tank turret and improve the textures on the vehicles. It's good...but something weird...

I played a couple maps...and all but one class uses the SAME weapon..is this how it's suppose to be?? :/

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

GhostPoetOk...good mod, been looking forward to it...except for the obvious need to improve the sluggishness of the tank turret and improve the textures on the vehicles. It's good...but something weird...

I played a couple maps...and all but one class uses the SAME weapon..is this how it's suppose to be?? :/

A) tank turrets really were that slow.... slower then whats in game in some instances...

B) most classes using the same weapon is normal.... there is usually one weapon in an army that is used by most solders (for example: nowadays most army people use the M16A2 Assault Rifle)

GhostPoet

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd January 2002

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

Neko ReapermanA) tank turrets really were that slow.... slower then whats in game in some instances...

B) most classes using the same weapon is normal.... there is usually one weapon in an army that is used by most solders (for example: nowadays most army people use the M16A2 Assault Rifle)

Yes, realism can be good..but not at the expense of the fun factor. It's just plain boring with the rifle.

Piispa

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago
Neko Reaperman (for example: nowadays most army people use the M16A2 Assault Rifle)

Maybe in your "God Bless America" but not around the world. If you want to generalize all the armies around the world under one weapon more correct one would be AK-47 and its modifications. M16 is rarely used outside the USA because it's actually kinda crappy assault rifle...

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

Good plan, make it political. :rolleyes:

I know what he means: the rifle was the workhorse of soldiers in that war. That's why that rifle is replicated so often, with minor changes.

I'd still like some clarity on the classes and weapons though, because it's still a bit of a lottery what weapon you get on each map.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago
PiispaMaybe in your "God Bless America" but not around the world. If you want to generalize all the armies around the world under one weapon more correct one would be AK-47 and its modifications. M16 is rarely used outside the USA because it's actually kinda crappy assault rifle...

Piispa, älä ole tuollainen spede.

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago
GhostPoetYes, realism can be good..but not at the expense of the fun factor. It's just plain boring with the rifle.

You must really suck with a rifle then, because the rifle is powerful and fun to use. Try playing that Russian map(forget the name, 2 word, 1944) with a G43 against an SVT40.

Piispa

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago
okiNPiispa, älä ole tuollainen spede.

Spede? Mitäs Spede sulle on tehny et rupeet kuolleita pilkkaan? Anna stadin penikka vaa Speden olla rauhassa. Nih!

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago
PiispaMaybe in your "God Bless America" but not around the world. If you want to generalize all the armies around the world under one weapon more correct one would be AK-47 and its modifications. M16 is rarely used outside the USA because it's actually kinda crappy assault rifle...

>.< i know (you fucking bitch)

i was speaking of the US army as an example...

dont try and lecture me on the superiority of the AK47..... i know about al that....

and if you ever infer that i am some dumbass american again, i will cut off your balls and shove them down your throat...

Piispa

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago
Neko Reapermanand if you ever infer that i am some dumbass american again, i will cut off your balls and shove them down your throat...

You are a dumbass American.