Problems we have seen so far from a server running 52 players. Bugs included -1 reply

Please wait...

ECGN-Buliwyf

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

1: Atlantic too laggy. Removed it from rotation

2: Karelia: not a good map for 52 players. Very laggy

3: It may be the ambient sounds causing the lag/framerate issues players are complaining about. Merciless Creations acknowledged this with their MOD and was working to remove background ambience.

4: Ammo drop plane says 0 ammo left, yet continues to drop ammo. *bug*

5: Players sitting on a tank look like they are holding a weapon, when there is nothing there.

6: Some plane cockpits are unfinished

7: Player bodies and vehicles take too long to decompose on the maps, which could also be the problem for some server bogdown issues

8: Rename the assault classes, don't have classes with the same name to choose from *saw many complaints about this*

ECGN servers

205.177.13.7 - 52 player FH mod

205.177.13.8 - 64 player BF 1942

Ilythiir

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Yeah the sound might be the problem for the slowdowns. BF always had problems with certain soundcards (like the SBlive) and the background/surround effects seem to make it worse.

On the other hand I didn't experience lag problems with few players on huge maps even WITH ambience sound effects (In fact the server didn't feel quite as lonely with the great battle effects).

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Yes on the classes. You never know what you're going to get, be it Close Quarters, Assault, Support, it always seems to be different.

Are you planning to put in little pictures like the other mods (and Vanilla)? It would make things a lot easier....

ECGN-Buliwyf

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

merciless creations had this problem with the ambience and when they removed it *i was on the beta team*, the game had a SIGNIFICANT improvement in performance.

ECGN-Buliwyf

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

also, one of the maps , i forget the name offhand, *it starts with a K, and its not Karelia*..

Look at the LARGE map when playing. The player arrows move at an INSANE speed. Something is wrong there.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

1) Working on it

2) Working on it

3) Removing them

4) Fixing

5) Can't do anything about this I think

6) We know =). Working on it

7) We're making them stay less I think

8) yeah we're adding some pictures and stuff. You'r gonna like them

Thanks for the feedback. It's always appreciated!

Gnarg!

GF makes me horny

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Bf aint having problems with SBLive and FH neither i have one and no problems...

Dot Com

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2000

0 Uploads

6,116 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Don't get rid of ambient sounds!