Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago
Heinrich Blotgrasse re: bugs I've seen tanks explode for no reason around the sawmill flag. Obviously has something to do with a dodgy object somewhere. I'll see if I can repeat it and let you know.

OK not sure if you're aware of this one but here ya go. Even if you drive very slowly your brand new T34-85 explodes.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

maybee you should remove all those trenches since they are never used

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

When you place a flag at a spawn point dont you have to place the spawning objects whithin the flags radius or else they think they are away from the flag and time out and explode?

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

Beast of WarIt is a beautifull map Turbo_Tiger (DK) but i will adress it as a pilot....

Together with the %^&*% !!!! flight physics in FH 0.6 the fog makes attacking ground targets with the Stuka ausf G and rocket armed Sturmovik near impossible.

Well in real life the amount of dust made by the large concentration of tanks made ground attack planes at Kursk nearly useless.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago
KämpferWell in real life the amount of dust made by the large concentration of tanks made ground attack planes at Kursk nearly useless.

You are right.

But then, without starting to "bitch" about the FH 0.6 plane physics, because the devs by now know already, have fun/practical to fly aircraft physics restored but keep the fog and the smoke.....

And preferably arm both attack/dive bombers with bombs, so they need not enter long attack runs on a target under those limited visual conditions.

To prevent bomber activity interfering in tank battle too much, bomber effectiveness can also be regulated by limiting the number at given time in a map/respawn time of them, or adding fighters ( without bombs ofcourse )

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

I've got a random, crazy idea here. And it's something that you almost NEVER see in Eastern front maps. SUNSHINE!!! Not every day of the Eastern front war was a gloomy, overcast, foggy day. Blue sky DID make a rare appearance, I'm almost certain, even with fog, smoke, etc. I think that part of the problem with the fog is that the fog ends up being the same color as the ground. When everything is sort of a dull grey or olive drab color, it's easy to get lost in the fog. Why not simply make the sky blue and leave the general land textures the same? It'd be interesting to see a SUNNY and CLEAR Russian map for a change.

As for replacing the Paks, I stand by that, since I believe they're used not only in the German bases, but also in the Russian ones. I could be wrong on this, though. Just replace the Paks for russians with 105mm artillery (the rotating kind) and replace the Paks for Germans with 88s. On the whole, I think the 105 balances out against the 88. If you're worried about the AA power, just put some AA guns (the lower powered ones) by the Russian bases.

For now, you can just call 'em placeholders and figure once the better gear comes out, you can replace them.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

Why do you want to lose the pak's so bad ??

They are one of the best models that DICE ever produced, if you ask me, i like them VERY much, for the german side that is.....Russians should have ZIS field guns.

PAK's were much more numerous then FLAK/AT 88's and way easier to move around. You need not expensive artillery tractors to pul PAK's, a common apc or troop transport/supply truck would do.

And the only thing wrong with them really, is that they cannot be turned around.....i am sure that can/will be fixed.....

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago
Beast of WarAnd the only thing wrong with them really, is that they cannot be turned around.....i am sure that can/will be fixed.....

Yeah, UI'm pretty sure they just forgot.

Schpetzka

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

It's one of my favorite maps around. That and Breakthrough make the top of my list.

About the Pak40s, they could be replaced by the Soviet designed 76.2mm AT guns. A huge amount of these were captured and used by the Germans and were so widely used by the Germans that they actually set up a factory specifically to produce ammunition for it.

For the tanks it would be nice to see more of the more common tanks. Pz IVs and T-34 with the 76mm guns should be a bit more numerous. Perhaps in the future we might even get to see PzIIIN's? :naughty:

The General layout of the map is damned good. The only real problems being the abiltity to capture the Soviet mainbase and the lack of fighting over the far left far northern base and the bottom right base.

And a long term suggestion for this map would be tall grass, the Russian Steppes weren't nicely mowed golf courses but the engine probably doesn't allow this without major frame rate losses for everyone. If it is possible it'd make it actually possible for infantry to move over the steps without a single tank or halftrack wiping them out form afar.

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

My suggestions are removing one of the flags from the northeastern town-area so no fighting occurs there and the action concentrates on the other flags. Also the 2 north-western control-points could use some more stretched-out placing of houses and you could use the farm-house statics instead of the 2-story buildings. I think those were more or less exclusive to bigger cities.