Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago

It's really the combination of the dense fog plus the aircraft code. This map is one of the few where the actual SIZE of the map is great for the current flying code, but the fog on the map reduces air effectiveness. That's why I'm suggesting a change to sunny weather. Despite what DICE and others might have you think, Russia DOES see sunshine now and then, and not every battle was fough on a gloomy, overcast day. For that matter, not every pacific battle took place with tropical blue sky, nor did every desert battle take place where visibility was fantastic. SOMETIMES there were foggy days in the Pacific. SOMETIMES there were wind/sand storms in the desert which reduced visibility. Yet to play the various maps, you'd think that certain parts of the world just have certain weather all the time.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

Less fog will cause a higher visiblity distance, a higher visiblity distance will cause lag.

[CDC]Greywolf1

All my points are in the bank!

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

pretty much, and we dont want IL-2's EDIT: I meant IS-2's but I also agree on IL-2's... being able to see the whole battle :) but we need more PzKfz T-34's in more maps, they were used alot... we need Soviet used Shermans and Matildas and German Shermans

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']Less fog will cause a higher visiblity distance, a higher visiblity distance will cause lag.

ill take my chances. that the lame dice excuse for fog.

Schpetzka

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

A higher view distance would be nice because then you could have tank battles at longer ranges. AT guns would be able to try fight off tanks before they're right on the bases as well. If only we could have some tall grass so that infantry could actually survive on the steppe as well.

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago

If you're gonna change anything on Prokhorovka it should be the totally insane amount of stationary and AA guns in the main German base! Since I've never seen this base actually under attack I don't see any need for them and their system hogging ways!

Also If you had to remove a base it should be the Russian one to the extreme East. This seems to be more of an afterthough than a real objective. Besides it's really annowing to have to go all the way over there for one stupid little spawn point.

Other than that, this is one of my fav maps! A day version of it would be nice! Why is it that the entire russian front is dark?