Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Has anyone some good and reliable resources from the Kursk battle? I'm looking for some information, for example what kind of vehicles were involved and used in the battle. Thanks.

Turbo_tiger(DK)

FH dev & JagdPanther lover

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
KingrudolfHas anyone some good and reliable resources from the Kursk battle? I'm looking for some information, for example what kind of vehicles were involved and used in the battle. Thanks.

There is some information about Kursk here: http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/vy75/ http://www.battlefield.ru/

Turbo_tiger(DK)

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Prokhorovka update:

Since the last screenshots were taken I have removed quite a few objects to make sure that it twill run at an acceptable speed. Before there were about 2800 object now it’s more like 1950 (Mostly trees and bushes have gone).

On the ingame map I have marked the 7 capture points.

1. German main base, uncaptureable spawns 1 Tiger IE, 2 Pz IVH, 2 Stug IIIG, 1 Brummbär and 3 Wespe. Aircraft 2 Ju87G

2. German 3rd SS, spawns 1 Tiger IE, 2 Pz IVH as GE, or 1 Tiger IE and 2 T34-76 as RU.

3. Russian 18th Tank, spawns 3 T34-85 and T34-76 as RU or 1 Pz IVD and 1 Pz IVH as GE.

4. Neutral: spawns 2 T34-85 as RU or 1 Pz IVH as GE.

5. Russian main base, uncaptureable spawns 3 T34-85, 2 T34-76, 2 Kaytusha, and a undetermined Russian TD (Jagdpanzer IV as placeholder) Aircraft 2 IL2 (Right now Typhoons but the IL2 should come soon with the 1.6 patch)

6. Russian 2nd Tank, spawns 2 T34-85 and 2 Kaytusha as RU or 1 Pz IVH as GE.

7. Russian Sawmill, spawns 1 T43-85 as RU or 1 Pz IVH as GE, it also spawns sniper kits which could be used to guide in kaytusha strikes.

That should give the Germans 8 tanks and 4 mech arty and the Russians 16 tanks and 4 mech arty, at the beginning of the game. I the Germans capture 3,6 & 7 it looks like this 12+6 vs 9+2.

There were no T34-85’s at Kursk, they are essentially placeholders for KV-1’s, but as far as I know they are not on the horizon yet. If the KV-2 is in 0.6 I might add that as a TD even thought that was not its role, and by Kursk it was not used any more. The Russians could also get a few IS-2’s (Not at Kursk either) in order to reduce the number of Russian tanks a bit.

All bases are defended by from 1 to 5 AT guns.

Parachutes are disabled.

The Russian base 3 can only be reached via 1 bridge (Except for swimming the river or landing a plane), and the Russians should be able to attack the German left flank from there. The southern part of Prokhorovka has the least amount of static defences, but can be protected by base 6 and 5, if the Russians loose base 6 the Germans have a good opportunity to attack Prokhorovka from the south.

The main objective is to hold Prokhorovka, who ever holds it will bleed the enemy tickets. ingamemap.jpg Capturepoint_1st_ss.jpgCapturepoint_3rd_ss.jpgCapturepoint_18th_Tank_corps.jpgCapturepoint_Prokhorovka.jpg Capturepoint_29th_tank_corps.jpgCapturepoint_2nd_Tank_corps.jpgCapturepoint_sawmill.jpg :feedback:

javierlopez

tester

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

516 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

looks very nice. Are you planning to send it to FHdevs?

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Looks very nice, so i dont have much to add. Maybe you shouldnt go for Stuka G though cause there really werent that many of them.

Turbo_tiger(DK)

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
NijoLooks very nice, so i dont have much to add. Maybe you shouldnt go for Stuka G though cause there really werent that many of them.

You are right! Luftflotte 4, in support of Army Group South actually only had Ju 87D's, ill change that. The Ju 87G's belonged to Luftflotte 6, in support of Army Group Center .

Turbo_tiger(DK)

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
javierlopezlooks very nice. Are you planning to send it to FHdevs?

Yes ill send one of them a PM, and see if they are interested. It hasen been play tested yet, so for all I know it might still need a lot of work:uhoh: