Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I´m hoping to get my copy of BF: Vietnam tomorrow. Some of you guys might already have it so I thought we could gather Pros and Cons for switching FH to BF: Vietnam (sooner or later). Pro: -Multiple weapon kits for even more variation in arms -Better more detailed vehicles possible -Almost identical structur to BF 1942 -New flag capture system would also be cool in FH -undergrowth system would surley improve lots of FH maps Con: -Not any huge game-play changing advantages -Chopper filght physics would bb left unused in FH -Not yet as popular as BF 1942 I´ll add some more (hopefully) once I´ve actually been able to play it. Whoever already has it fell free to share your thoughts. And please NO EA/DICE flaming about BF: Vietnam beeing a rip-off etc. If your not getting it, then STFU:fistpunch:

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Cons: Every single model had to be redone weapon models, trees, buildings etc.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Nope, DICE said mods could use any model from BF1942 they want in a BF:V mod.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Hmm, well, at least they're nice about it.(Smart of them to allow that)

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Con - default bfv has higher sysrequirement then bf42, fh has higher sysrequirement then bf42, fh+bfv = slide show

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

i read in the penny arcade interview that the americans speak vietnamise(sp?)

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Howdy folks...

I´ve already given up on playin BF-V, even though i got it 10 hours ago... In my opinion, they should have called it "Unreal Vietnam", or "Quake-Cong", because thats what it is gamplay-wise.

Its is waaaay too arcarde, there´s just no need for tactics.Graphics are good so far, but the Sound sure misses something, theres no acoustic atmosphere, you dont even hear bullets around you.Most of the time you die and never seen where it came from or even noticed you were under fire. Classes are very unbalanced, the american heavy gunner has the M-60 , which he can use as a sniper rifle (well, without scope) while standing + he gets a bazooka/grenade launcher.

The netcode is crap, its almost impossible to get a good connection, even with 512 Kbit up/downstream and pings below 30.

I´m gonna wait for a patch and the n00bs (not newbies) to calm down a bit, and then give it a try again. Maybe there´ll be a mod for it by then, well see...

So far, FH will do just fine for me, nothing beats it !

JW

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I have it and it is great fun. I have only been able to play it a few hours but my first impressions are pretty good. They seemed to have increased the realism a little by making the amount of bullets to kill someone halfway between BF42 and FH. The effects, and graphics overall are beautiful. Not much I can say until I have played it more.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Sounds pretty much like BF1942 when it first came out. Crappy netcode, horrible optimization, etc. They improved all of that, as well, but only by about 1.2 or so. even after that, it's taken them a LONG time to get in changes that should've shipped with the first run (good adminning tools, balanced gameplay IE: grenades can't kill a tank so easily, etc.).

I suspect much of this is EA wanting to kick games out the door quickly.

suzukiltd

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,649 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I won't buy bfv so i hope that fh wont change. If they do change, they will lose a lot of fans, and it will probably be a lagfest or a slidshow like stridex said. One of the main reasons i like bf1942 is because of the planes. With Fh, i dont need no bf. Bfv should have been an expansion considering the lack of materials in it. For example, flashpoint resistance probably has most stuff then bfv in it, and its only an expansion to the original game. In conclusion bfv= :thumbsdown: