Unseen_Soldier

I post to get attention

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok how come the battleships dont have crosshairs when you fire them? I mean the destroyers have them so why not battleships? Will this be fixed in 0.7? or is there a reason why you devs didn't put some sought of aiming reticle on battleships?

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I imagine the destroyers having them is an oversight. They'll probably remove the crosshairs in the next patch for 0.6. It'd be cool to get some kind of naval gunsight for those, similar to the tanks, but I don't know how much extra coding that'd require.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I wasn't happy when the crosshairs were removed neither....

Real turrets were led by a fire control, in some cases rangefinding radar, and a target processing room ( some had complex mechanical calculators = computers )

Main turrets were blind without firecontrol and target processing room, secondary turrets often had emergency aiming equipment.

I do not see any harm in main turrets having crosshairs, and i do not see a reason why they were removed. ( by DICE )

When firing big guns to the side, ships begin to rock making aiming extremely difficult.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I think something that would be kinda old fashioned but cool would be to have a crows nest with a pair of the fixed naval binocs and he would spot for the battleship by calling in gunfire.

As it is spotting is now intended to be done by the Fairy Swordfish floatplanes

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Anlushac11I think something that would be kinda old fashioned but cool would be to have a crows nest with a pair of the fixed naval binocs and he would spot for the battleship by calling in gunfire.

As it is spotting is now intended to be done by the Fairy Swordfish floatplanes

I assume you are talking about when you do not see the target......

It does work, in FH 0.5 i even used the sub cannon to fire at a distant Destroyer in the fog half way across the map :nodding:

But that crownest idea with binoculars ( a kit laying there ? ) , or even better just a spotter position like in some vehicles but now where the real battleship's firecontrol was that would be extremely cool.

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

The atlantic map needs to be cut. For a map with no land it lags a fair bit.

Like i really like the idea of a pacific map, but this map just doenst capture it properly for some reason.

Unseen_Soldier

I post to get attention

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I wish a FH dev would tell us what they have planned for the battleship crosshairs

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
Beast of WarBut that crownest idea with binoculars ( a kit laying there ? ) , or even better just a spotter position like in some vehicles but now where the real battleship's firecontrol was that would be extremely cool.

Would be cool but it wouldn't work in game. The ships are always moving, people may not call a good target. Nice idea but...

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Drop in a USS Washing ton or South Dakotas and a Haruna and you could do some of the Guadalcanal naval battles

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

You mean the Battles at Savo Island? Like the first one where the Japanese completely showed the Americans what a night attack was like? Hehe...that would be a tough map...but, obliterating surprised american crusiers could be fun.