Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago

Originally posted by raslin Germans bomb a bunch of capitals, they are ruined, and run over anyways. Germans are about to bomb paris, french dont want people to needlessly die, so they surrendur. And french tanks were better than german tanks, in 1940, but the germans used de gualle tactics(which the french actually didnt use) against them, and that lead to the french, who did not re-arm as much as germany, who did it illegally.Think of it like this. Germany is a group of robbers who illegally bought AK-47's. They go to rob a bank(paris). The guards at the bank cant take on men with assault rifles(the french against the germans).The bank gives in, and gives the group(germany) the money, and wait for swat(US/britain), who are ready to fight. Or even france could be a rape victim...you wouldnt say the same stuff to a rape victim that you would to france.

:agreed

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago
Originally posted by Artie Bucco Why don't you try it and see if it workz you will be like omgz.

I did, where else do you think I got the picture?

Originally posted by raslin Germans bomb a bunch of capitals, they are ruined, and run over anyways. Germans are about to bomb paris, french dont want people to needlessly die, so they surrendur. And french tanks were better than german tanks, in 1940, but the germans used de gualle tactics(which the french actually didnt use) against them, and that lead to the french, who did not re-arm as much as germany, who did it illegally.Think of it like this. Germany is a group of robbers who illegally bought AK-47's. They go to rob a bank(paris). The guards at the bank cant take on men with assault rifles(the french against the germans).The bank gives in, and gives the group(germany) the money, and wait for swat(US/britain), who are ready to fight. Or even france could be a rape victim...you wouldnt say the same stuff to a rape victim that you would to france.

hahahahaha haha ha The only thing wrong with your little fairy tale is, half the bankers (the french) joined sides with the robbers (the germans) and fought against the swat (the US/UK). The French had the best military in post WW1 period. The French could have put up a much better fight if they: 1. knew how to fight 2. really wanted to.

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago

post ww1, ya. theres a period 21 years from then to when france got attacked...french simply did not work enough on their military between then.

ohh

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=french+military+victories&spell=1

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

No offense here but I just tought this was funny :p

The Complete Military History of France

- Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

- Hundred Years War - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War - Tied

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War - Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

- World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France collapses?"

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."

Or, better still, the quote from last week's Wall Street Journal: "They're there when they need you."

And France had the most advanced tanks in 19403 The S-35 was considered the best tank in the world at that time with its revolutionary sloped armour & it's 4.7cm could take on anything the Germans could throw at them.

And now all STFU and close this useless flaming thread! -_-

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago

Originally posted by raslin post ww1, ya. theres a period 21 years from then to when france got attacked...french simply did not work enough on their military between then. ohh

you obviously havnt heard of the maginot line. where did you get his idea that the French where somehow way far behind the Germans with technology? Other people have stated some of there weapons where better than the Germans. The French simply were not good at fighting (as in there leaders), and seems since some joined h i t l e r s side that they didnt really want to fight.

Whether they had the best trained army, or undertrained army (very much like Russia who managed to defeat the Germans). is beside the point. They lost in a very short time. We are just saying its nothing new for France to lose a war. Personally the thing that stains there name the most is the fact that they joined sides with H i t l e r.

Originally posted by raslin post ww1, ya. theres a period 21 years from then to when france got attacked...french simply did not work enough on their military between then. ohh http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=french+military+victories&spell=1

maybe you should go check that link out yourself. since I did and found that the entire first page had nothing about the french winning any war. showed the ones they lost, as Coolguy pointed out. The last page was utterly disgusting. Shivers. 2 of them didnt work for me though, so those might be the ones that actualy have the military victories on them.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#36 17 years ago

Napoleon got just as far as H!tler did, so that shouldn't say loss at all. In the end they were defeated, but that needed the entire rest of europe. At that time the french also helped the amerikans win their independance war against the british (according to the 'an enemy of a friend is my enemy' principle).

And what is meant with the Dutch war??? When I hear 'Dutch war' I think of the 80 year war with spain, but France did not participate in that. I think it is about the war in 'Vlaanderen' of which I am sure Coolguy could tell you more. (but, yes they did loose that war)

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#37 17 years ago

what has started as a joke is now a flaming threat

all i have to say is that the community is very poor .... sometimes

========> closed <======