Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

XWV5590W154H

This happens to me online very often : shot up ( by flak ) but no place to repair ! Carriers should be able to repair their aircraft, as in real life they do too.

The vanilla bf system of "just bail and get another one" is unwanted for 2 reasons in FH : You can't bail since pilot kits are unavailable on carriers ( often no pilot class in menu either ) and if you were to ditch the plane in the water near the carrier, and live after a little swim, you will be one of the many useless plane campers waiting for aircraft, not contributing to your side efforts to win the round.

Bailing out if your aircraft is shot up above a carrier isn't very realistic neither.......

If carriers would repair their aircraft ( when landed on deck, maybe on a certain marked spot ) a pilot could be much sooner up again and contribute to the fighting.

9O08U4B0F267

Also very frequent occasion : returning to Crete german airfield, after being shot up by flak. There is no way to get your aircraft repaired here.....

Wich means the very first bullit or not even near flak cloud will kill you.....and when it does explode, that aircraft takes quitte a while to return to where the troops on the ground need it to take out tanks and flag defenders.

If it could be repaired, it would be back much sooner, and be more usefull.

Q0R0L4NN9251

This airfield does have a repair hangar.......but it looks.......a bit inaccesible to me.

V8LA42TTK874

Offline you actually can land and repair your plane in there.....( hangar is functional ) but i doubt online it can be doen with active flak and mg firing on you, when you are already close to exploding mid air anyway.....

Btw : all screens are offline ( obviously ) that way it was easier to take them, representing the situation.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

woukld be better if you made it so that you cna reload from air and repair since with this new flight system its hard to land ...

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I don't think you can make carriers repair as they would not only repair the planes, but also themselves at the same time! But I still agree there should be a place to land and repair, like I said in your last thread about the same subject.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']I don't think you can make carriers repair as they would not only repair the planes, but also themselves at the same time! But I still agree there should be a place to land and repair, like I said in your last thread about the same subject.

No, Lightning....that was about obstructed places that are supposed to used for repair....

And that repair facility is empty and accesible, the risk a respawn of the vehicle that is normally placed there is going to kill you......

99WA97KHJF22SZ1M9ID88S7J

Reload issues like this i wonder about too.......if you run out, there has got to be a way to aquire a new load !

CU5IY5P68318

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I used to land on carriers to repair in previous versions, as I flew as an Engineer. But that was fraught with difficulties, as tards would either TK me to get the plane as I repaired it, or steal it as I was repairing it, or just destroy the plane. I even used to land on Midway at the very end of the airstrip, repair and take off, even if the island was held by the enemy! was often safer. The subs definetly need a supply boat or similar (make a nice target!) Its the only unit I know of that can't resupply.

SgtBigglesworth

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

141 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I manage to repair my plane quite nicely on carriers...... it's not too difficult to land your plane, hop out and repair it...... thats on the axis carrier. The Allied carrier however, does get very crowded, making it particularly difficult to land.

Von_Rundstedt

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I can do without the magic repair shops, it distracts from the mod's realism imho. Although I do agree the engineer should be able to make limited repairs. Also please remove the medic lockers dev's, if not then consider limiting them to an absolute minimum.

Von Rundstedt

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Repair pads are only "magic" because there are no mechanics that work there....and it goes a bit faster then RL....but it is a game.

Same goes for airfields and carriers. These were all able to repair damaged aircraft in RL. Nothing magic about that.

Aircraft should be able to be repaired in every map. Now that it is not recommendable to fly without a parachute, the need to be able to repair aircraft somewhere has only increased.

That ships cannot be repaired ( a few health bars at least ) is nonsense too.

All ships in game, up to even the sub had engineers onboard that were able to emergency repair damage. Destroyers, cruisers and battleships had even large workshops that were able to produce spare parts and replacement parts themselves.....up to some point ofcourse, for very heavy damage they needed docks.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,261 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Medic lockers should only heal you for about 40 to 60% , lets make it 50%. Not that they are that useful, most of the times your either a happy soldier or screwed... although it sometimes happens that you fall of stairs, windows and get hit a jeep/truck.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Well it was common for early war Jap fighter pilots not to wear parachutes as it was felt that it encumbered their ability to move around and look.

That wasnt what you wanted to hear about pilot kits was it? OK there needs to be more pilot kits.

But yes aircraft carriers had complete machine shops and metal shops where they could damm near rebuild a plane from scratch if they had to.

I was on Iwo and got shot up bu FLAK and with the new elevators and flight model landing on the carriers was out of the question.