FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

This should be a good one for you map researchers...Wiking9? hehe

Well anyways, as I begin finishing up my current projects, I move onto redoing Midway, and since that won't be a massive undertaking, I've begun researching my next project beyond that one.

So what I need is everything you can dig up about Eben Emael. If you're unfamiliar with it it is a fort in Belgium along the albert canal. The battle occured when a small group of FSJ assaulted and took the fort by glider in 1940. So what does this mean for a map idea? That's right, purly objective. German objective will be to disable all 18 (I'm pretty sure it's 18 guns, two 120mm's and 16 75mm guns in cupola's) guns while the defenders will obviously try to stop them. :) This wont' be coming any time soon (not for first release by a long shot) since I have several things I'm working on first (and school to worry about now), but I want to start researching this early (I've already spent several days obviously digging up info, but the more the merried) so I can do a really nice job on it.

So obviously anything at all you can find, information, pictures of emplacements etc. I already have ground plans for the fort and surrounding terrain, but more would be helpful, I'd like to make it as accurate as possible. I have an idea on how to work the underground facilities, it'll just take some fiddling around ingame to get it working really well, but underground diagrams would be great, so I know what I'm looking at and how exactly I'll be needing to organize it all.

Thanks in advance :smokin:

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Bastard! I knew this would get dropped on me somehow! Give me one day, and you'll have all the information you need.

PS. Who do you plan on having defend this fort? The frickin Belgians? LOL! Thalk to you in a bit.

Super Six Four

XWWII Historical Research

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Would this site help?

http://forts.shorturl.com/

Can't link directly to the proper page unfortunately.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Wiking9Bastard! I knew this would get dropped on me somehow! Give me one day, and you'll have all the information you need.

PS. Who do you plan on having defend this fort? The frickin Belgians? LOL! Thalk to you in a bit.

Really, fuck you :p

http://www.fort-eben-emael.be/

0009.jpg 0010.jpg 0011.jpg 0012.jpg Some pictures of the surroundings

eben1.jpg eben2.jpg eben4.jpg eben5.jpg eben3.jpg eben6.jpg The fort

http://www.vho.org/VffG/2002/1/Joseph23-28.html

Eben01.jpg Eben02.jpg Eben03.jpg

Cp120-bol-2.jpg One of the 'fish-eyes'

maaien_bij_Ma2-2.jpg Don't mind them mowing the lawn, an mg buker is behind them

trap_MiS-2.jpg blown up mg emplacement stairs

deur_bl_O1-2.jpg blown up door

ontstekers-2.jpg detonators for the 75mm & 120mm cannons

MiS_interieur_inslag_copy.jpg Impact of a hollow charge in one of the Southern mg bukers

I have lots more but be more specific

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Give me a break! Are you doing Belgians now?

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Belgians? Really...

Taking out 18 guns is way too much for an objective, you'd need to have 18 men on one team to defend all the objectives, so you'd need a 36 men server...

But, if done right, this map could be fun. However I suggest you start working on another map first, with nations that FH already has and that don't require such a huge amount of static objects to be made.

Will there actually be gliders, or will the germans come parachuting down?

Flokken

The Piat+n02 are my friends ;)

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

163 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

that battle would be cool, the more countries the better :D

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

hehe read lightning, this is only a researching endeaver ;)

This is for a future release at some point, and yes there will freaking be gliders or i will kill myself :)

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

I read your post, I'm just saying you might as well research something else, maybe something with a higher priority...

But, hey, if you can make this a good map I'll be very impressed...

=Boche Buster=

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Go the belgians.. why wuld you complain that they are adding more armies?