Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#231 17 years ago

I always hated the DOD random beach explosions. It was so stupid how they were set up,where they'd hit the same spot over and over and they would still fire even after you killed everyone guarding the beach. I'd prefer people be shooting at me then bots.

In XWW2 there's this '88 in a bunker, it's very very cool. That would rule to be on the beach.

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#232 17 years ago

Even funnier is how they always land in the same craters :lol:

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#233 17 years ago

Yeh, this 88 cant really fire on the beach (you could probly pick off incomeing higgens if youre lucky). Its more for takeing out guys after theyve come up the cliffs. The nebelwefers do a good job though. Just need an artillery spotter.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#234 17 years ago

Can you post some screens of the 88 position McGibs? I'm curious as to how it's set up.

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#235 17 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']Forgive me for not researching into it, I didn't notice that it was before 9/11, but you are alone here my friend. Everyone hated that movie because it was blatently terrible. It was a Disney movie with shooting, a ridiculous and shameful script that made me wretch every time I heard them pining over that chick. The ending was awful and completely predictable, it was easier to call then a Lakers vs. Cavs game. The dogfights were unconvincing and seemed added as an afterthought to make sure the audience didn't get too sad and to fill out the SFX budget, in utter contempt for their intelligence. And let's face the facts, Ben Afflec is no good without Matt Damon (Dogma anyone?) It was a prole-feeding piece of shit that joined the ranks of Armageddon and Titanic in the back of the rental store discount bin, only to be sought by middle-aged housewives and the uneducated.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though, that makes 1 person so far. Here's a little sample of the critics' thoughts on the movie. C+ isn't that bad for a maximum score, at least in American public schools.

Now you are just being stupid. You need to realize that because a movie isnt historically accurate that makes it a bad movie. I never said that Pearl Harbor was a excellent movie. Ive only seen it once, but it is nowhere near as bad a movie as you make it out ot be. The movie has a good story and from what a remember good acting. If you want an example of a bad go see AI. It was horrible.

Armageddon and Titanic were both blockbuster movies and both are good movies in my opinion. You can call them what you like, but you need to take one step back from your computer occasionaly and realize that there are other people in the world who have different opinions than you.

Boiler Room, Changing Lanes, and Sum of All Fears are all good movies that Ben Affleck played in without Matt Damon. If you think Dogma was a prole-feeding piece of shit you obviously have issues. The movie was pure genious and was quite funny.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#236 17 years ago

Cant post screenies but i can post crappi asci drawings. this is invered north/south cuz im lazy.

BEACH

_________________________ SHINGLE _________________________ bunker CLIFF bunker _________________________ FIELD/TRECHES

_________________________ 88 goes here HILL/FIELD

_________________________ nebel TRENCHES nebel

Matt.

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#237 17 years ago
[Pearl Harbor] is nowhere near as bad a movie as you make it out ot be.

Even if you overlook it's historical inaccuracies, Pearl Harbor was still a terrible movie. The story was quite dull. Its was one of the few WWII themed movies that actually bored me.

Tora! Tora! Tora! is and always shall be the Pearl Harbor movie.

Armageddon and Titanic were both blockbuster movies and both are good movies

Armageddon made a lot of money, but the critics hated it. So did I.

Boiler Room, Changing Lanes, and Sum of All Fears are all good movies

Boiler Room wasn't very good. As I recall, it bombed at the box office. The Sum of All Fears was mediocre at best.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#238 17 years ago

McGibsCant post screenies but i can post crappi asci drawings. this is invered north/south cuz im lazy.

BEACH

_________________________ SHINGLE _________________________ bunker CLIFF bunker _________________________ FIELD/TRECHES

_________________________ 88 goes here HILL/FIELD

_________________________ nebel TRENCHES nebel

I can though. :P Ingame map for Omaha. Don't mind the water on the south, that's just there for tiling, will be flattening for the final generation ;)

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#239 17 years ago
B.F. PierceI can though. :P Ingame map for Omaha. Don't mind the water on the south, that's just there for tiling, will be flattening for the final generation ;)

:bounce: Nice

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#240 17 years ago

crap sorry for the double post damn i cant even find the delete option.