Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#241 17 years ago

Pearl Harbour wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't for the stupid love story and other non pearl harbour related things

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#242 17 years ago

MaximusNow you are just being stupid. You need to realize that because a movie isnt historically accurate that makes it a bad movie. I never said that Pearl Harbor was a excellent movie. Ive only seen it once, but it is nowhere near as bad a movie as you make it out ot be. The movie has a good story and from what a remember good acting. If you want an example of a bad go see AI. It was horrible.

Armageddon and Titanic were both blockbuster movies and both are good movies in my opinion. You can call them what you like, but you need to take one step back from your computer occasionaly and realize that there are other people in the world who have different opinions than you.

Boiler Room, Changing Lanes, and Sum of All Fears are all good movies that Ben Affleck played in without Matt Damon. If you think Dogma was a prole-feeding piece of shit you obviously have issues. The movie was pure genious and was quite funny.

No dude, Dogma freakin ruled. You took that out of context. I meant that it was a good example.

Look at the reviews from film critics, who's job it is to watch and review movies based on weather or not an average person would enjoy them, and then tell me that it was good after reading how they say exactly what I said. I'm not saying that historical accuracy needs to be there, but at the very least, plausability must be there, as in "this COULD happen, though it's not likely", ESPECIALLY when the movie is based off of a real event. The movie's dogfights reminded me of the final battle in 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit'. They were ridiculous and entirely inconcievable. The charecters were textbook unoriginal, platatoric, and I didn't give two craps what happened to them or who ended up with the woman, and I believe the point of the movie was revolving around the relationship between them. In this aspect, the movie failed. The charecters were too sterile and unbelievable (Man going off to war, certain death, DOSEN'T SLEEP WITH CHICK but instead tours the city ala Ferris Buler's Day Off, in a Disney-esque tribute to sucking) to illicit human emotion or concern.

Armageddon and Titanic were blockbusters because people didn't know they sucked before they went to see them, or they got suckered into it by a date, or some band they liked was on the soundtrack and they figured they'd pay homage. Just because people see it dosen't mean it's good. Know what? I'm going to do a poll in Off Topic to see what people thought of the movie. I don't think this discussion should be in this thread any longer. *ducks* Please vote.

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#243 17 years ago

Artie BuccoHow do we know that the Febuaray relase wont turn out like the predicted January relase...

anyway i understand since EA has not relased the 1.6 patch.

ah nice Artie

Seems like you know more then the FH devs itself.

Who promised a release in januar ?

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#244 17 years ago

Hint: Go to Silent Heroes team, ask for the smoke grenades-code and the code to limit the amount of ppl spawning as a predefined class and put that in .6 quick!!

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#245 17 years ago

Can't remember the exact form or who said it, but it went something like "definitely after christmas but before february".

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#246 17 years ago

The Jan release date thing was the fans guessing from how much they had seen released e.t.c. the The Feb Release is Lobo guessing from what he KNOWS has been done, Lobos is still a guess but I would trust his guess a LOT more than I would trust the fans who have very little to go on bar wishful thinking.

Ooh and Carrier Lifts :D Glad to see their still on the menu.

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Muteā„¢

50 XP

28th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#247 17 years ago

How about a progress bar on the main site ??? :P

(that was random)

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#248 17 years ago

the site is never update, it would still say: road to 0,6 75% done in the year 2365. and even if the site was update daily it would be hard do guess exactly what the progress is (and what time it will taketo complete 0.6) . (Random comment :p )

Biff Thrombus

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#249 17 years ago
McGibsCant post screenies but i can post crappi asci drawings. this is invered north/south cuz im lazy. _________________________ BEACH _________________________ SHINGLE _________________________ bunker CLIFF bunker _________________________ FIELD/TRECHES _________________________ 88 goes here HILL/FIELD _________________________ nebel TRENCHES nebel

Get ASCGEN it takes any regular picture and can convert it into a text file (ascii art)....fuckin cool as hell I love it

Biff Thrombus

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#250 17 years ago

what the hell is a shingle??