Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I personaly hate it when servers play 2 rounds of the same map. Especially FH maps tend to take longer than regular BF maps and the fighting is so much more intensiv that I just don´t feel like doing it all again. Whats your opinion on this ?

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Depends on the ticket count. Generally it's best to have one large round, or two shorter rounds. It's just a pain when servers have a HUGE ticket count and have multiple rounds.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I like 2 map rotations because my current shitty comp (im getting a new one in the coming weeks) takes forever to load maps. So I'm content to stay at the same map for at least 1 full round considering I get in the 1st around 1/4th of the way thru.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

1 good round of combat is enough. add a round start delay would also help

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

One round is enough, you will lose many players on a server when playing a bad map and yo´ll get an empty server if the map runs two rounds. On two round servers it tends to even results too, which is not that disireable IMO.

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

1 Anymore will get boring

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

2 short rounds is best cuse then the dudes who havea bad computer and that take for ever to load a map gets a chance to play it from start to ..

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

TWO rounds ofcourse.......FH maps are not made to be fair for both sides.

So to compensate for that, all players should play a map one time on each side. Ofcourse there are a lot of sorry players that only want to fight on the side with the best chances/equipment so even 2 rounds will not work for them......too bad there isn't a server option to force that on them.

But i am fine with single rounds too......when choosing for an underdog side i go for pleasure of going up against all odds. That often give more satisfaction then a ultra high score on the other stronger/better equipped side, wich has little or no meaning anyways, because all players know how easy that high score was obtained.

Servers should never set too high tickets.......a single round that last an hour seem too long for me anyways. But rounds that are fought in under 5 minutes are not good neither. Anywhere in the default 20 - 30 minutes per round is the best if you ask me, not too long to get bored or frustrated, but long enough to be able to make a recovery if your team were initially going bad.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Beast of WarTWO rounds ofcourse.......FH maps are not made to be fair for both sides.

So to compensate for that, all players should play a map one time on each side. Ofcourse there are a lot of sorry players that only want to fight on the side with the best chances/equipment so even 2 rounds will not work for them......too bad there isn't a server option to force that on them.

Autoswitch teams at the end of each round would do wonders for FH.

Two rounds. Even tough my comp gets me loaded pretty quick, I still think 2 rounds of about 20 minutes each is the best.

nesty

just me.

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

118 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

1 round is good when it,s a long round with many tickets, 2 rounds i like when they are short like what BoW said about 20 minutes long.