notextremelyhappy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hello everyone, This is my first and probably last post, so no point in flaming me. First, congrats to the developers. Everything I've seen is outstanding, disregarding a few bugs. Probably the best online game going right now. I'm a WW2 buff and this one is the best! My issue: I don't like playing online. I'm not terribly good and usually only play the game in my office on slow afternoons, on rare occasion. With what seems to be a total absence of co-op mode (CTD), I have no alternative but to get my ass kicked by 14 year olds on ritalin if I want to play against an enemy. I know not everyone fits the description I've detailed above, but the FH team kept the details of this release in such secrecy, teasing us weekly. I wish they'd have told us. After 27 hours of battling the pathetic online means of obtaining this release (azureus is a joke), I only find out now that SP is not supported. I've even stayed home on a Saturday night, too excited about this release to do anything else. Damn me for not asking, I guess. My only request for the FH team is that you make it clear in the future that SP will not be supported. From now on, I'll assume it isn't. I understand the stress the team was under to get a release out, btw. Just let us know in the future, OK? Great job on the conquest mode, though. -

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

srry if i killed you lol

Loff

I art god.

50 XP

16th December 2003

0 Uploads

238 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Bots are easy. Take the next level of challenge, and play real humans. Bots follow straight lines, and can't do anything. Play in the major leagues of bf1942, in a month you wont be able to go back to bot play :D.

nosispower

GF makes me horny

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The people beating you are just people. It's overwhelming at first, but so is fighting in a war. You say you are a WW2 buff, how much fun can it be running through the map completely owning the enemy's entire army? The way to play is online, you can't have much fun in singleplayer after about 20 minutes.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Single player will be supported in future versions of FH, but you must understand that the majority of the community plays online, and therefore multiplayer bugs have much higher priority to singleplayer bugs. They need to be worked out first and foremost before they start dealing with single player.

A dev is currently working on fixing SP, but it's only one man, and it is fairly low priority, so sit tight, and youl get it in a future release.

heinrick

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

12th November 2002

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
notextremelyhappyHello everyone, This is my first and probably last post, so no point in flaming me. First, congrats to the developers. Everything I've seen is outstanding, disregarding a few bugs. Probably the best online game going right now. I'm a WW2 buff and this one is the best! My issue: I don't like playing online. I'm not terribly good and usually only play the game in my office on slow afternoons, on rare occasion. With what seems to be a total absence of co-op mode (CTD), I have no alternative but to get my ass kicked by 14 year olds on ritalin if I want to play against an enemy. I know not everyone fits the description I've detailed above, but the FH team kept the details of this release in such secrecy, teasing us weekly. I wish they'd have told us. After 27 hours of battling the pathetic online means of obtaining this release (azureus is a joke), I only find out now that SP is not supported. I've even stayed home on a Saturday night, too excited about this release to do anything else. Damn me for not asking, I guess. My only request for the FH team is that you make it clear in the future that SP will not be supported. From now on, I'll assume it isn't. I understand the stress the team was under to get a release out, btw. Just let us know in the future, OK? Great job on the conquest mode, though. -

I gotta agree. I too wasted a lot of yesterday and today getting this downloaded only too find there's no SP support. I wouldn't have bothered if I had known.

As for playing online, yeah, you're playing against humans, but a number of those humans are outright cheating, base camping, etc. Why bother!

I play CoD online. I'll stick with it.

Thanks and signing out. Heinrick

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
As for playing online, yeah, you're playing against humans, but a number of those humans are outright cheating, base camping, etc. Why bother!

When you play this game, you have to deal with everone else that plays with it. includeing the smacktards. you can either let them ruin your fun, or just deal with them like everyone else, and have a blast playing the game with other humans. I hardly consider anything cheating. Every tactic in FH is compleatly valid, and if you cannot find a way to counter it, that is your fault, not thiers.

Dancing Jesus

Eats IS-2s for breakfast

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I like to play online most of the time, some of you may see me out there, but I like to play the SP to work on weapons (such as flying planes, the new german heli) where the bots wont laugh at me for my retardedness. My dad also likes to play the SP only too. I realize this is low priority, but when you guys get a chance, please put in some pathetic bots for me? Thanks. BTW, I did just play online for about 3 hrs and this mod is great!

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
notextremelyhappy I have no alternative but to get my ass kicked by 14 year olds on ritalin if I want to play against an enemy. I know not everyone fits the description I've detailed above, but the FH team kept the details of this release in such secrecy, teasing us weekly.

I'm not flaming you, you have a legitimate point of view, but...It was always pretty clear to me that SP mode has never been a top priority for Forgotten Hope. But don't give up on multiplay so fast. Once you get used to it, multiplay is a lot more fun than SP--humans are much more interesting opponents than bots. If you play intelligently, you will likely do better than most hyperactive kiddies with uncanny aim, even without lethal combat skills. Stick to weapons (at least in the beginning), that don't require so much precision, like smgs and support weapons. Play defensively. Learn to hide and set ambushes. Go engineer and repair stuff. Running around drawing fire and distracting the enemy can even be useful sometimes.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
McGibsEvery tactic in FH is compleatly valid, and if you cannot find a way to counter it, that is your fault, not thiers.

Yep, agreed. As for SP I've spent 2-3 days playing BF SP and 15 months playing multiplayer. What fun is there getting 200 kills and single digit deaths with the settings wound up to impossible? Just boring. If the FH team want to put in bot support then sweet but I won't be wasting my time with it and I think that goes for almost all of us.