Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I heared there was a shovel model or some form of refrence to the fact that a shovel was going to be included in BF1942 but dice took it out. However it wasn't going to be used for beating people to death, instead it was given to the engineer class to "burry" their mines.

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I'd go for the more realistic option: I don't think all infantry in WW2 carried shovels around, the more likely option for a majority of the troops would have been to carry knives.

While it would be cool, and it is a good idea, I'd prefer a bit more of a realistic approach, unless troops only got them in some maps, or only specific teams get them, like the Germans get them in DoD.

I'm not sure historically what WW2 troops carried though, so don't go 100% with what I'm saying :)

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Most infantry did carry some type of entrenching tool. I think it would be funny esspically in Pacific maps to have shovel and samuri sword fights.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Offcourse our Japanese officers will have katanas! :D

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I'd go for the more realistic option: I don't think all infantry in WW2 carried shovels around, the more likely option for a majority of the troops would have been to carry knives.

While it would be cool, and it is a good idea, I'd prefer a bit more of a realistic approach, unless troops only got them in some maps, or only specific teams get them, like the Germans get them in DoD.

I'm not sure historically what WW2 troops carried though, so don't go 100% with what I'm saying

Loot at the standard american backpack of WWII. You see that big wooden handle, thats the shovel. THe shovel was as standard equipment as the common backpack.