Audie Murphy

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I was wondering, will FH be changing the small arms fire to be more realistic? (Ex. XWWII). I hope so, there is nothing more annyoing then filling someone with 10 .45 rounds in the torso and not killing them, especially when 1 .45 round could kill.

Lude

GF makes me horny

50 XP

9th December 2002

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yes, we will change the small arms fire to be more realistic, for example with a rifle it´s one shot one kill in the torso or head (believe me, in the Original BF i´m pretty tired of firing the rifle on someones chest and see them runing and jumping like nothing happened...).:uhoh:

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Well since he Q and A sicky thread is kinda turning into a chit chat thread Ill repost here.

How will the recoil on weapons be? I am wondering especialy for rifles. Will it be very much like BF is now? The only game I can think of as an example would be Dod. Will the recoil be anything like DoD is?

shinyrory

*hides pie from noodle*

50 XP

17th March 2003

0 Uploads

246 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

It is pretty annoting when u shoot them in the chest about 4 times and they jsut run off like nothing happened. And then they go heal thmesleves jsut like that!

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Rifles are 1 shot 1 kill in the chest and a bit over half damage in the arms/legs, the head is offcourse 1 shot 1 kill at any distance. When shooting at extreme distances a shot in the chest will take about 80% of your health and legs/arms about 40% (I think).

And since pistols don't hit at ranges beyond 100m on the close hit system applies to them. 2 shots in the chest kill

For anyone who's interested in the range damage system, it switches from 'close' to 'long' after 500m, that's about the length of a carrier in BF. This is very cool, because at long range, shells would just bounce off where those same shells in close range would pierce the armour

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Is the rifle reloading speeded up ? It takes forever in regular bf.

And here's one for ya...... how the hell are the japs gonna win ANY battles against the technologically superior americans ? We know the nambu and arisaka were crap and bolt action. How the hell is a japanese soldier gonna do anything with THAT ?

scenario.....

Jap soldier: *takes aim fires and misses* American: Shit ! *fires wildly around himself with his Garand and kills the jap just by firing in the general direction and hitting him by chance*

Can't you make the Garand a bit weaker or something ?

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Suren the garand might be semi-automatic but the powerfull cartridge makes it so that it has a greater kickback then the type38 (7.62mm vs 6.5mm) + tha garands crosshair takes a while to get back to teh accurate state so aimed semi-automatic fire is practicly impossible and only good for area surpressing

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I hope they don't make it so extreme like XWWII. Just a bit more than it is now...

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

XWWII's COmbat system is PERFECT.... not extreme... has the best gameplay ever..

Tell me this... when was the last time you ran away from a tiger tank in bf1942... when was the last time you hit behind a sandbag and hoped those 4 german solders wouldnt see you :-p

REALISM=GAMEPLAY

its so much more fun when it feels like a real war... fear and all...

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

When I see a tiger in BF I usually hide behind it :p. The driver never sees you there. I also got on top of an enemy tiger once and stayed there for like a whole minute...