BOXER [CAN]

I'll fuk you up

50 XP

30th October 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I was ondering if the sniper rifle issue has been adressed yet. I'm talking about the accuracy of the sniper rifles in FH. Regular rifles currently have retty much 100% accuracy when still. Now I have done a few tests on sniper rifles and found that they are not nearly as accurate. Test it yourselves by firing at the wall of a faraway building. If you fire at the same spot, you will find that you will only hit that spot in 1 in 5 tries. Now I wouldn't mind as much if the regular rifles which are the same as their sniper counterparts would do the same. But it makes no sence that sniper rifles are more inaccurate then regular ones. It takes all the fun out of being a sniper. I just want to know if the devs have acknowledged this problem, and if it will be fixed for 0.6.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

You are not the only one to point this out. It is a serious problem. We can only wait for 0.6 (probably) to find out.....

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago
'BOXER [CAN']I was ondering if the sniper rifle issue has been adressed yet. I'm talking about the accuracy of the sniper rifles in FH. Regular rifles currently have retty much 100% accuracy when still. Now I have done a few tests on sniper rifles and found that they are not nearly as accurate. Test it yourselves by firing at the wall of a faraway building. If you fire at the same spot, you will find that you will only hit that spot in 1 in 5 tries. Now I wouldn't mind as much if the regular rifles which are the same as their sniper counterparts would do the same. But it makes no sence that sniper rifles are more inaccurate then regular ones. It takes all the fun out of being a sniper. I just want to know if the devs have acknowledged this problem, and if it will be fixed for 0.6.

Hmm I did I live fire experiment to figure out the sniper rifle myself, by that I mean I got in public server. Ive found that 1 out of 5 would hit as well, and I also tested the range. Im not sure, but it looks like after a certain point, the sniper rounds just disappear. I would say the range is about 200 game feet before the computer stops drawing the avatars of people in normal zoom. Basicly about 3/4 the distance of say EL Al from the Axis hanger to the Radar bunker on the mountian with the bushes. Out of 20 rds I got 4 hits, and 1 kill. Talk about looking bad.....lol Now I started Sniping with regular rifles, but its rather difficult to stay invisible, sense you have to be ALOT closer, especialy in maps like El Al and Gazala. But Yeah, I think the devs said they would fix it in 0.6. I hope anyhow that they would..........

Titmouse69

well f*ckadoodledoo!

50 XP

5th February 2003

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

agreed - altho sniper in-accuracy is a much debated and worn issue. have responeded to endless posts on it. think it will def get fixed in 0.6

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Yep, just tried it on Stalingrad, had a sniper duel and we were just firing at eachother without hitting jack s..t

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

The scope-sway is a crazy stupid system. I'd rather scope-sway be REMOVED (because the sway does not move the crosshairs and you have to know exactly when to shoot to have an accurate shot. Just add a little base innacuracy and make the scope stable and there should be no complaints. I realize that a little innacuracy is a decent thing. Snipers didn't hit their targets 100% of the time.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Who needs a scope anyway?

A coward´s toy! :moon:

Jamesw

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']The scope-sway is a crazy stupid system. I'd rather scope-sway be REMOVED (because the sway does not move the crosshairs and you have to know exactly when to shoot to have an accurate shot. Just add a little base innacuracy and make the scope stable and there should be no complaints. I realize that a little innacuracy is a decent thing. Snipers didn't hit their targets 100% of the time.

Well riflemen didn't hit anywhere near 100% of their targets all the time, yet the rifles are unbelievably accurate even when sidestepping or diving.

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']The scope-sway is a crazy stupid system. I'd rather scope-sway be REMOVED (because the sway does not move the crosshairs and you have to know exactly when to shoot to have an accurate shot. Just add a little base innacuracy and make the scope stable and there should be no complaints. I realize that a little innacuracy is a decent thing. Snipers didn't hit their targets 100% of the time.

IS THAT what it is??? Man no wonder its so confuseing to use it. I agree with that totaly man, Im glad you told us. I didnt relize what that really was doing, but that makes total sense. :thumbsup: Thx! I feel edgumacated hehe!