Kloete

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

LoL - The tripod in the first video is quite useless.

Just get in prone position -the normal bipod works perfect :nodding:

Tanelorn

DC Dev

50 XP

17th March 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

KloeteLoL - The tripod in the first video is quite useless.

Just get in prone position -the normal bipod works perfect :nodding:

I noticed that too. Maybe those tripods are intended to be bolted down in a pillbox?

SilentKiller213

N/A

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

165 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago
Cambo14_6_11.gif those people are all fat rednecks that are obsessed with guns 23_4_74.gif

Whats wrong with being a fat redneck?? :fistpunch:

GI_JOEjk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago
Cambo14_6_11.gif those people are all fat rednecks that are obsessed with guns 23_4_74.gif

Sound like new recruits for FH Heh! :D

Karnaaj

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

18th March 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago
TanelornI noticed that too. Maybe those tripods are intended to be bolted down in a pillbox?

It's an AA tripod - stake it out, sandbag it down, whatever, bolt on the AA sights and give some JABO the good news. Probably easier to deal with at the range than hauling the serious HMG-version unit out.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago
I've got a 1919 kit and I hope to build it later this year

NICE! I've looked into those, but my wallet isn't big enough yet, nor my age, lol. If you get it up, let me know how it works (PM). Regardless of when, gimme a shout.

Also, I talked to a gun-collector friend of mine and he says an original full-auto MG42 (assuming you can actually get one) cost around $20,000. A same-shape MG34 will run from $15,000 on up. So yea...damn...a lot.

TigerTeufel

[11PzG]

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

Yeah the 1500 pricetag is for Dealers ONLY, if you want an authentic MG42 or MG34 they usually run between 15-20k+ not to mention you must obtain a Special License in the US to even own on, and I will say its not easy by any means to get one. The US has not allowed full-auto or assault weapons into the country since 1986 and its not legal to own one made after this(UNless your law enforcement or military). Also all the full-auto guns that were already in the country have been gobbled up by collectors hence the 20,000 price tag on any of these weapons. Not to mention working replicas cannot be made either since that is illegal to, according to the US government. So what you got is fewer and fewer guns available and ever increasing pricetags.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

I was suprised with what ease these guys could fire the guns. I´d thought it impossible to fire an MG 42 while standing and would have thought that you could fire the Ppsh-41 that easyly. And just to add to this wee discussion. The difference between geeks who love guns, and geek who love PCs are that gun give you power over life and death (in a powerfull way). And imho I wouldn´t like everyone having this potential power. Especially not any kind of geek...