Darkstar726

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Dont wanna be a bother and I dont know if these have been pointed out already but if they havent, just wanted to point some little problems out :) All the russian planes turn alllooot worse then they really should. They should turn as good if not better then the bf109. The Russian flight model should be given to the fw190 which turns way to good. P51 is fine. Second is that bocage is way to cramped causing an insane amount of fps drop, Dice left out alot of good map which the spawpoints could be spready across. Also, it always seems that the germans have so much more tanks in bocage, where it should be the other way around and the Americans should outnumber German tanks. Thank you for your time.

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Well said, and straight to the point. I like it.

Korholio

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Russian planes turn perfectly, so every other plane should turnl ike they do (maybe some planes a bit more/less).

Uhm you weren´t serious when you said you would give the flight modell of the FW190 to the russian´s were you? I see the manouverbility of the FW190 and the Me262 as a bug which should be corrected pretty soon coz´they own the skies.

In generall, i think those planes would be great if set correctly(Lag, Mig3)

Planes can really mess up the game, so I HATE THESE ARCADE BRATS WHO THINK FLYING IS EVERYTHING AND PLANES SHOULD BE MORE MANOUVERABLE and *blabla*

Flying is much too easy and you can become an ace pretty quickly(too quickly)

ok.. back to normal, i feel much better now :D

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

The ME262 and the FW190 did 'own the skies'. I think the mig3 (the one on kharkov) need a bit of tuning because it turns around way to hard and too slow, the rest is fine...

Korholio

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Ok, youre right,though they did not rule the skies "overall"(Fw190 as well as the Me262 were poor in turning as i remeber from IL2) , but they were damn good planes. But "now" they !definatly! rule everything that crawles in the skies ...

In fact, i wouldn´t mind if they are a BIT superior ,but now in fh you can almost make a complete turn on a freakin´ kitchen table with these babies :D

Ebolinux

50 XP

19th April 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Well iv been playing the mode since it came out. I think that there are WAY to many vehicles. I think it takes away from the strategy and it makes the game supper laggy.

ebolinux

Darkstar726

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

KorholioRussian planes turn perfectly, so every other plane should turnl ike they do (maybe some planes a bit more/less).

Uhm you weren´t serious when you said you would give the flight modell of the FW190 to the russian´s were you? I see the manouverbility of the FW190 and the Me262 as a bug which should be corrected pretty soon coz´they own the skies.

In generall, i think those planes would be great if set correctly(Lag, Mig3)

Planes can really mess up the game, so I HATE THESE ARCADE BRATS WHO THINK FLYING IS EVERYTHING AND PLANES SHOULD BE MORE MANOUVERABLE and *blabla*

Flying is much too easy and you can become an ace pretty quickly(too quickly)

ok.. back to normal, i feel much better now :D

No no no no no, The current russian flight model should be given to fw and 262. The fw and 262 were fast but horrible turners. Bf109 was ok at turning but still not as good as the la7 or mig3. If you want to test this info for yourself, play a realistic flight sim such as il2 forgotten battles and you will see that you can never outurn an allied or russian plane in a german one.

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

The Bf109 was a horrible plane at turning. It has a fenomenal climb rate.

ArcherMH

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

I agree, from what I've read the FW190 was a boom N zoom plane.

Also, I agree with Ebolinux, there's way too many vehicles, especially for the infantry:armour ratio. IMO tanks should get in lots of trouble without some infantry around (especially in cities, bases, and other close quarter areas). This would especially nice if all tanks could carry two or four infantry. Also it may be a new use for the half track (moving people around).

RPGreg2600

I shot down MG42Maniac

50 XP

25th October 2002

0 Uploads

391 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

lmao, the ME262 did not own the skies. It was used as a bomber for a large prtion of the war, which made it fly slower than the P-51. And once it was finally used as a fighter, the americans had air superiority. Hell, they were shooting down Me-262s with B-26's (my grandpa's crew shot one down)

And I refuse to believe that the FW-190 handled better than the P-51 in real life. I saw an article in the newspaper the other day where a P-51 set a new speed record for racing at over 500Mph (just recently happened)