bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

The main stat of the me262 was their velocity, it was like a rocket, got a difficult turnin' but their velocity rulez. If the americans blowed some, was because the allies got air superiority in the occidental secondary front, and well if a lot of b26 shoot at one me262, is normal that one touch him.

Planes like the FW190 need to be corrected fast, the russian ones are more or less well done.

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

Armour versus Infantry balance?

Try to play the map Orel, inside a tank:

- I can never, ever, cap a flag on a Tiger or Panzer IV. Why? Cause the streets are too damn narrow, the flags are hidden in places where tanks cannot enter easily and the f****** russian infantry is EVERYWHERE crawling with AT and engineers busting my ass! In Orel there is NO WAY tanks will win without infantry covering their asses. And if the russian tanks come along, they're easy to take out, BUT suddenly you find yourself walking with the tank very slowly on the streets, afraid of being shot 3 or 4 times by 2 or 3 T-34 tanks on different locations (it takes a while to rotate the turret and waste them) - by the time you're almost finishing the third tank, you have been hit 6 or 7 times by engineers or At's. Even a Tiger can't last 3 minutes in Orel if it is alone.

So, it's fairly balanced, full of adrenaline, fear, realism, AT urban combat (the fear of all tank units) and war, war, war all over. Love it (except for the birds and environment sounds, those should go...).

Korholio

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

Uhm, sorry Darkstar i missunderstood you ;-) It was a bit late when i read your thread I agree with what you said :D

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

Orel has too many bridges, too many objects in the town and the western flags should be taken out to concentrate the action more on the city. Apart from that it's nice ;)

Korholio

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

you forgot that the Soviets need more tanks (like on any other map, especially Battle of Valirisk)