CHARISMAer

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Aiming for Sherman, Firefly, Tiger, T-series and whatever, are all normal except Panzer IV. The hit point is lower than the central aiming point (that triangel), especially worse for long-distance aiming. Damn it! Every time I got blown while confronting a sherman with Panzer IV due to calibrating aiming downwards. Did you guys ever see this situation? Hope I'm not alone with this thought.

Petru

I post to get attention

50 XP

24th January 2004

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Erm....slow shell velocity maybe?

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

There are definitely some targeting reticles that are just off. I need to mess around with the various tanks to see by how far and in what way, though. But yeah, I've definitely noticed that the German tanks have some weirdness with aiming.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
The hit point is lower than the central aiming point (that triangel), especially worse for long-distance aiming. Damn it

captobvious.jpg

Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Try driving up to a close building and shooting directly at it, if it hits where the triangle is then thats normal.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

The PanzerIV has a very short barreled 75mm cannon. It "lobs" the shell. Consider it more like an artillery piece then a long-barreled tank. The crosshairs are accurate, but the projectile loses altitude very fast. You have to aim really high to hit things at long range, like using a Panzerfaust at long range. The optics have been 99% accurate for me so far.