Kakoru

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,050 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Will we see these weapons in the future? :rolleyes: or is it a big no no no, never..

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Flame throwers seem to be a graphics engine problem. The team has already modeled at least one sticky bomb--the Gammon bomb that was used by British troops and some American paratroopers. Sticky bombs would be great, since that's kind of how people use expacks now already, anyway. Btw, both of these suggestions have been made many times before.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I don't know about sticky bombs but I know that satchel charges were in use which I think would be a better replacement for the expacks for the engineer kits. Sticky bombs would be better as a pickup kit.

Panzergrenadier

Waffen SS elan

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Sticky bombs yea some were used like the gammon bomb but I want magnetic mines especialy for the germans they used them ALLOT.

yuiop

Snowden's Secret

50 XP

23rd May 2003

0 Uploads

3,752 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well, if they figured out how to make sticky bombs then magnetic mines wouldn't be a problem since they both just stick to tanks.

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
yuiopWell, if they figured out how to make sticky bombs then magnetic mines wouldn't be a problem since they both just stick to tanks.

Not my Tiger I !!! It's got a nice coat of Zimmerit!

I'm not sure as to how much the US and Brits used the sticky bombs, but the germans made excellent use of magnetic mines. Either way it would be nice to have something other than those stupid expacks since you have to trigger them yourself. A nice mine would have a timer, or activate as soon as the tank moved very fast. Whatever the engine prefers.

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

i asked this at the teamspeak-chat with the devs at fragthe.net last friday. the answer was that it seems to be pretty hard to realize this "sticky" thing with the bf-engine. but they are testing several possibilities but can't make any promises yet.

yuiop

Snowden's Secret

50 XP

23rd May 2003

0 Uploads

3,752 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Bf:V is going to have sticky bombs, isn't it? hmm

Strikeri

Strong Bad

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
BlistexNot my Tiger I !!! It's got a nice coat of Zimmerit! A nice mine would have a timer, or activate as soon as the tank moved very fast. Whatever the engine prefers.

What about that kind of explosive what was in Speed movie. Activates when you go fast and explodes when you slow down. :lol:

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

actually magnetic mines were designed to go off whenever metal came within a certain distance of the mine (no more tanks squeesing by a couple inches on mines) infact i saw on the history channel about a magnetic mine a stuka saw gonna drop near England but got shot down and washed up...the engineers had to strip all the metal from there clothing and work with thier hands (no wide spread plastic tools) to get the bomb dismanteld

but anyway yes the zimmerit coating is a god send if they incorperate it, it basicaly negates the tanks magnetic field so that magnetic mines wouldnt pick it up