Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

Gammon bombs were very commly used amongst airborne forces. They work like sticky bomb but with no sticky. Just some C4 and a fuse. an AT grenade really.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

axkgkadragonactually magnetic mines were designed to go off whenever metal came within a certain distance of the mine (no more tanks squeesing by a couple inches on mines) infact i saw on the history channel about a magnetic mine a stuka saw gonna drop near England but got shot down and washed up...the engineers had to strip all the metal from there clothing and work with thier hands (no wide spread plastic tools) to get the bomb dismanteld

but anyway yes the zimmerit coating is a god send if they incorperate it, it basicaly negates the tanks magnetic field so that magnetic mines wouldnt pick it up

... .... where did you read that? Maybe youre thinking of some other type of magnetic mine.

People here are talking about these things: Ausr_Haftladung.jpg

Its just a hollow charge with magnetic clamps on it. You run upto a tank, arm it, and stick it to the side, then run away. Then it blows and sends flaming hot plasma into the tank.

Zimmerit was a coating on german tanks that made allied magnetic mines not stick to them.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago
BlistexNot my Tiger I !!! It's got a nice coat of Zimmerit! I'm not sure as to how much the US and Brits used the sticky bombs, but the germans made excellent use of magnetic mines. Either way it would be nice to have something other than those stupid expacks since you have to trigger them yourself. A nice mine would have a timer, or activate as soon as the tank moved very fast. Whatever the engine prefers.

watch SPR, thats basically how it was done, attach it to a place where its low explosive power would still do damage, they could also be dropped out of buildings.