Konigstiger

FH Sound Designer

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I discovered that several sounds used in this MOD where taken from my previous sound packs for other games. And the fact that no one asked for my permission and gave no credit to me, really pisses me off. On all of my sound packs, they come with a "read me". And in all of the "read me's" it states: "You cannot use these sounds for any other reason without my permission." These are clearly stated in the "read me's" or in Pk3. files. I demand that some credit is given to me, or I want my sounds off your MOD. Konigstiger

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Kool 0.6 is not even out and they are already accusing FH of stealing stuff...

Konigstiger

FH Sound Designer

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Maybe they used it in previous versions??

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Artie BuccoKool 0.6 is not even out and they are already accusing FH of stealing stuff...

I think they are talking about .5 About the stolen sounds: they might have found them, not stolen them

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

might be handy to know WHICH sounds.

Konigstiger

FH Sound Designer

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Ok, you'll have to give me a moment

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I was quite suprised when I heard Close Combat sound samples in the FarCry SP Demo, they aren't but they sound the same to me.

If the samples are 10% different to yours they aint yours, thats copyright law. BTW it's up to you to prove your rights and you might find that your samples are stolen from elsewhere.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

So professional of you to take this into a open forum instead of contacting the FH staff directly.

Konigstiger

FH Sound Designer

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Great, well it will take 2 hours to download the file again... ummmmm... you gonna have to look at them your self. But heres my sound packs. http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planethalflife/Editor321/konigstiger_s_spr_sound_pack_-_dod_v.1.zip And please dont say "Well its from a movie, its not yours." Months and months of work are put into these. Its not simply taking it from the movie. I do consider it my work, but I also give credit to them... I have more sound pack, i'll have to find them...

Konigstiger

FH Sound Designer

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Anlushac11So professional of you to take this into a open forum instead of contacting the FH staff directly.

Well I couldnt find where to...