Jakke-Jääkäri

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th December 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

What kind of configurations you are designing the future release for? I hope you guys are not following the DC path and creating heavier and heavier maps.

I got frustrated to the fact that I can't play the orel and adak maps with my current configuration and ordered an ATI 9800 to help my problem. Now I'm running the game with Athlon 2ghz + ATI 7500 and everytime I turn my face towards the city center in orel map the frame rate drops dramitacally and the game becomes a dia show.

I'm just hoping to be able to continue playing this mod with my configuration (and in future with the new ATI).

PS. I tried DC and EoD couple of times and I have to say that FH is waaaay above those even in its current state. This mod rocks!

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Your vid card is the big bottleneck there. The 7500 Radeon is a repackage of the original Radeon. Im not even sure if the 7500 will do Direct Draw and it is IIRC a Direct X 7 piece. With the 9800 comes Direct X 9 compatability and programmable features. You will be very happy. Also If you should have minimum of 512MB of RAM IMHO.

I would say go Radeon 8500 or higher but since you ordered a 9800 Radeon you should see a drastic improvement. In fact Im jealous :)

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
Jakke-Jääkäri PS. I tried DC and EoD couple of times and I have to say that FH is waaaay above those even in its current state. This mod rocks!

You are right about that. FH mods currently laggs more than any other mod out there.... way more. I remember DC used to lag a lot in the beginning, but now they optimized the stuff, and it runs almost as smooth as the original game (besides the big city maps). I just hope that when FH reaches further stages of completion it will also be optimized. But's kinda stupid when a new mod for a 2 yo engine requires you to have a system that is twice as powerful as the original game... Considering how long the 0.6 takes, i am just praying that they are optimizing the staff as well

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

.6 isnt that much different from .5...

Actually it will probably run better because we optimized alot. =)

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav'] i am just praying that they are optimizing the staff as well

Um, i hopeyou mean the stuff ?

JW

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Good, one of the things that I really hate about FH is how it is so laggy compared to the smooth vanilla.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

orel and adak run like ass on my comp too, geforce 2 *shudder*

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
Josey WalesUm, i hopeyou mean the stuff ? JW

Jeez sorry I really did not mean that. I meant stuff like "different things". No offense, just a typo. Damn.... i can't edit my post.....

robert_x

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

10th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I just laughed my ass off, [SYN] hydraSlav, optimizing the staff :) Be aware - the devs might ban you for that :D

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I had a Geforce 4. Not a pretty card to work with. Got a Geforce FX 5200 256 MB and life is good again. I was able to crank up the texture to 100% at 1024x768 with no lag.