Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Is it just me or are pacific maps never meant to be played with any tactics? I had a worse round on saipan yesterday and all the attackers did was caputring flags all over the island and drive onto the next flag without even try to defend the ones they just captured. It reminded me more of a game of hide and seek, if one just recaptured flag A, the enemy had already captured flag B, if you captured flag B they moved on to flag C or began at A again. I found this highly annoying and I ve noticed this "tactic" on many of the pacific maps because they are accessible from all sides. Has anybody made similar experiences or is it just me that had his evening ruined through such a crappy round? And what can be done against it, maybe the devs should really think about a capture system similar to Ut2k4s onlaught, where you can only capture flags that are next to one of you flags?

Az*

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd November 2003

0 Uploads

107 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

As you just said,most pacific maps can be attacked from all side,this is what fucks the teamplay elemant up most of the time. Push type style of play would help but that has flaws also. I dislike the pacific theater most in the BF series,i must admit that the new iwo jima is real nice but the rest blow,and can some1 tell me what all the fuss over wake is?imo its a shat map even worse than dices original.(i know they went for accuracy but.....)

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

There are too much planes on the Pacific maps and lots of americans tend to stay on the Carriers instead of spawning at the islands.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I do believe that that you're observing is less of a flaw in map design and more of a flaw in player mentality. It seems that the majority of players are hellbent on capturing all flags, at all costs. Nevermind that on many maps you can fare quite nicely by defending a single point. Tactics in FH are often quite neglected, unfortunately...

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I'm not a fan of pacific maps in general. They all seem the same, where half the team plane camps and the other half plays cat and mouse

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Pacific maps are way too open. No bridges to choke the attackers etc.

PFC. Bryan

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I think that there needs to be a hell of a lot more foliage is what I think.

Kommisar

WAW Tournament Chairman

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I agree, the problem with the Pacific is the players themselves. To most players out there, the concept of defending a point is completely alien to them. Plus, the big draw for Pacific maps is to fly... so you end up with over half of the players of both sides being concentrated on and around the plane spawns running around in circles. Then again, I've found the same thing happens on maps like ElAlamien and Gazala.

I've had many good battles in the Pacific myself. Especially on Wake holding the 2 Northern flags against waves of allied assaults to try and retake them. For several hours (played several rounds, it was a WAW battle) niether side could get an advantage over the other and it turned into an utter meat grider for both sides. Utterly brutal and lots of fun (for me atleast).

And even on Midway I've had good battles. Helps when you have good guys that are coordinated manning the ships on both sides.

I guess it all depends on who you are playing with.

flexbob

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Who the hell cares.. it's just a game. When I hear people complaining about "tactics" while I'm playing it makes me wanna shoot em on purpose.

Kommisar

WAW Tournament Chairman

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Some people enjoy playing for the tactics. I'm one of them. I for one should think that you should explore the reason that it angers you to the point you feel the need to TK someone for trying use tactics.