FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#61 17 years ago

They are auxillary fuel tanks on the the Soviet vehicles. German Armour never had external aux fuel tanks neither did the US. The British used Aux Fuel tanks on the Crusader series (at rear of tank) but then never used them in battle.

Simple reason is the external auxillary fuel tanks weren't armoured and you could split it with a spade, easy kill for infantry.

I would like to see more historical reticules for the tanks, maybe a challenge for the Merciless Crew;

German pzret.jpg

British brtret.jpg

rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#62 17 years ago

In Reply To 51.

i made it out when you thought you laid me out. :lol: :lol:

jmrwacko

Official Battlefield Reporter

50 XP

6th August 2003

0 Uploads

125 Posts

0 Threads

#63 17 years ago

I read the update on the main website and all I got to say is....... wow......

woot a pilot class with parachutes, carrier elevators, towable guns...... FH YOU ROXOR!!!! FH is gonna be even better than dod eventually, I'm expecting even infantry combat to be better, good work guys and KEEP IT UP!!!!! once fh 0.6 comes out I'm gonna download it right away! WOOT WOOT WOOT

and yeah the tank sight thing is a great idea, in real life tankers aimed with perascopes and stuff, not through a crack in the front of their tank :-P and I don't know if xww2 online is totally realistic and stuff but I played it once and the tank sights zoom in and stuff, its sorta more like a sniper scope than the way it is in bf right now.

born2lift

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

189 Posts

0 Threads

#64 17 years ago

jmrwacko " FH is gonna be even better than dod eventually" Your kidding right? It blows it away NOW!

Saruman

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

78 Posts

0 Threads

#65 17 years ago

Im reading many posts about the new version but one thing is really dubios for me .......... would the devs added an zoom function for tanks ?

Or will they only change the crosshairs ?

I must tell u again ---> FH :rock:

Echelon

GF makes me horny

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#66 17 years ago

actually DoD is bettter for intense infantrycombat, but i miss the vehicles:D

Flokken

The Piat+n02 are my friends ;)