Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

On western front maps (and some eastern) could u incorporate camouflage that u see on most german tanks? I think it was used to hide from allied air forces during the day. Im not sure if u could incorporate it without much lag but it would be cool to see.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

good idea !!

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

it would be part of the skin right?

[L³]

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Yah I agree, that would be some real eye candy:naughty:. However, it will most likely cause lag, especially, if your'e gonna play on a low-end computer, beacuse lets face it the maps in vanilla bf don't have jungles worth of bushes for a reason, it's to reduce lag, and smoth out gameplay. On top of that, I doubt it would do much to hide tanks, because you would need a crapload of bushes on the tanks, and secondly, you would need a map with dense forests,or hedgerows. A perfect example would have to be XWWII remake of Bocage. :uhh

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

or just go long range and u wouldnt stick out if your were by some bushes and trees

[L³]

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

But if it would be part of the skin, it wouldn't be 3d and then it would do absolutely nothing to hide a tank, except maybe from the air, it would just be there for looks. I doubt making it part of the skin will make it look good anyway.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

why couldnt is be 3d like reg bushes that would still give an advantage

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

It would cause droping of performance, nice idea but unfortunately I don't think is possible.

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

it could be modded in as a part of a model that could have some spare polys. I didnt think it would work but it would be cool to see a panther orlling down a road with the stuff on it.

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

it could be modded in as a part of a model that could have some spare polys. I didnt think it would work, and i didnt want to use it for hiding, jsut to break up the outline at a distance and for the look. If u ever see those videos of the panzer corps moving down the roads you'll see why its so cool.