.ximon

GF makes me horny

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

noticing the renders and screenshots of the king tiger and IS2... it appears as though sometimes the hatch on the tops of the tanks is closed while sometimes it is open. is there some way of opening/closing the hatches, and does it serve a perpose, like, to prevent infantry from shooting down into the tank, or lobing a grenade into one. :)

InsaneJakester

G-UNIT and [11PzG] 4eva WERD!!

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

It looks like the hatches are always open to me. I don't think the BF1942 lets you lob stuff into a tank anywayz----i might be wrong about that

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I´d think it would be cool, if you didn´t just ZAPP into a vehicle like you do atm, but had to actually climb into it. Kind of like in GTA 3, when your near a vehicle, you press enter, and you see your little guy (from a 3rd person perspective) get into the vehicle. I´d like that...

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
Dee-JaýI´d think it would be cool, if you didn´t just ZAPP into a vehicle like you do atm, but had to actually climb into it. Kind of like in GTA 3, when your near a vehicle, you press enter, and you see your little guy (from a 3rd person perspective) get into the vehicle. I´d like that...

Me too, but I doubt it's possible w/out the SDK.

Az*

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd November 2003

0 Uploads

107 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Nice idea but you would prolly be dead by the time the camera angles swicthed back. And even with an sdk i dont think that could be done,i heard a few ppl in mods say that an sdk now wouldnt make much diff to them anyways.

.ximon

GF makes me horny

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

i want an answer from the devs, please.

peckens

peck peck peck wooodddddd

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

431 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Dee-JaýI´d think it would be cool, if you didn´t just ZAPP into a vehicle like you do atm, but had to actually climb into it. Kind of like in GTA 3, when your near a vehicle, you press enter, and you see your little guy (from a 3rd person perspective) get into the vehicle. I´d like that...

that is exactly whatit does in Planetside

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

if u look at the ingame screens of the IS2 its hatch is closed and the KT is open for the MG42. Probably when they do a DSHK they will add it to the IS2

Pasquill

Toast

50 XP

13th September 2003

0 Uploads

358 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

That would be awesome, clamber onto the side of the tank, open the hatch, slide in, close the hatch and then you can only start driving/shooting. Reverse it for exiting.

Leaping the doors of willy jeeps.

Climbing onto the wing, sliding the cockpit glass open jumping in and same again in reverse for exiting. Would stop those arse holes (including me) from bailing out 0.1 secounds before the plane explodes.

Would be a great feat if it could be done, but that would need some great coding and animations.

D_FAST1

Exporter/Coder/Modeler/Skinner

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

118 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

evertake a look at the animations files.

well being an animator myself i have, Dice has already been kinda enough to include a few enter vechile and cockpit .baf files. these are of the player jumping into the cuppla or the wing type of jump into aircrafts.

It's just a matter of time before i get to these ;)