Icewarp

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago
Mast3rofPuppetsThe tanksights is one of the coolest features in 0.6 IMO.

:agreed

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

Yes the sights are great the way they are, DONT CHANGE THEM :P A guy had to use the site to hit anything and it would give you a small field of view all these things are great so dont put back in the old sites :)

[3Rb]RudeRogo

Polska Walczaca

50 XP

11th August 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

any way to make the defeault tank view?

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

I have internal view bound to my middle mouse button. one click to the sights, another back to driving view.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

I think the CONCEPT of the sights are cool, but the actual implementation of them are a bit...off in some cases.

The Ha-Go was one of the easiest to sight with. The German tanks, however, have all this crazy crap on them that doesn't really indicate WHERE the shot is going to go. Same with the T-34. Now, maybe this is because I'm just not used to the sights yet, but it seems that on certain tanks the sights need recalibrating. IE: if the little ^ sign at the center of the sight is where the shell is supposed to go, it actually ends up hitting a few milimeters (in terms of screen distance) to the left or right, or goes high or soemthing.

I was talking to some folks who also believe that the sights may not be historically accurate, though I honestly wouldn't know. I think it's a REALLY cool idea and adds some much -needed skill to driving a tank, but by the same token, some slightly better predictability would be nice.

cshank4

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago
Solo4114stuff

Yeah the sights ont he german tanks are confusing, but IMO all shells should go a little off course, I mean there's wind and gravity to compensate for and what not. :tank:

BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

If anything, increase the magnification through the tank sight. That would give it a bit more TANK feel, let you shoot at stuff pretty far away, (something I had to do a lot of the other day), and it would make people rely more on the other view for driving.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

Solo4114I think the CONCEPT of the sights are cool, but the actual implementation of them are a bit...off in some cases.

The Ha-Go was one of the easiest to sight with. The German tanks, however, have all this crazy crap on them that doesn't really indicate WHERE the shot is going to go. Same with the T-34. Now, maybe this is because I'm just not used to the sights yet, but it seems that on certain tanks the sights need recalibrating. IE: if the little ^ sign at the center of the sight is where the shell is supposed to go, it actually ends up hitting a few milimeters (in terms of screen distance) to the left or right, or goes high or soemthing.

I was talking to some folks who also believe that the sights may not be historically accurate, though I honestly wouldn't know. I think it's a REALLY cool idea and adds some much -needed skill to driving a tank, but by the same token, some slightly better predictability would be nice.

k heres a quick rundown: The british and american sights are easy to read, so no point in explaining them. Japs use the brit sights for the time being. For the tiger/kt and other german tanks, where the triangle POINTS TO is the center of your crosshair. The t34/85's (and is2 if my memory is right) sight i can't read but its somewhere between the top /\ thing and the | thing.

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago
Mast3rofPuppetsThe tanksights is one of the coolest features in 0.6 IMO.

Exactly.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

Yeah, I gathered that the ^ thing on the german sight is where your round is supposed to go, but it doesn't work that way in practice it seems. I'll have to test it out, but it just seems...off at the moment. And if that's the case, that your round goes to the ^, why is that at the bottom of the sight with all the other crap in the way? What's the point of all of that stuff? Since the barrel and the sight are not independent of each other, it seems kind of pointless to model the sight this way in the game. Maybe that's how it worked in real life (IE: you'd sight, look at the notches and adjust for distance accordingly by moving the barrel independently of the sight), but given that the sight basically is the barrel of the gun in BF/FH, this strikes me as a goofy system.

The T34 is just wacky, but I guess I just need to get used to it. no one seemed to have any trouble killing ME in one or two shots...