BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

You can use the hash-marks. They're just a reference and they work fairly well (they certainly don't line up on the ranges). If you know something LOOKS to be at a certain range, you just line it up and shoot. I like it...

Example: You get a Sherman 105mm on Bulge. From the top of the hill (where the base is) to the bridge you just line up the bridge on the second bar down and BOOM. Round goes off on the bridge. Of course, I experimented with it before...but it helps.

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

I don't have a problem with having sights but when they are no more usefull than instinctive shooting means they need fixing.

The reticules are historically correct but the magnification and surround are not. Basically the view through the sight should be no different to either a telescope or Binoculars (depending on the tanks actual sight). Add the reticule with the range scale (I'm using German here) so the scale is just on the edge of the viewable area, then apply 4x magnification. Net effect is no different to sniper scopes.

The allies had different magnifications like 1.4, 1.6, 2.0 and 3.0 depending on the gun. AT Guns use a similar reticule to the sight used in the tank ie. Q.F. 2pr AT gun and Matilda II; the 7.5cm Pak40 and the Stug G, as the AT gun came first. The fact that all artillery uses a pseudotheodolite to lay the gun seems to have been missed by the devs and DICE for that fact.

Assault guns up to the StugB (short barrel 75mm), Brumbar, SturmTiger etc have a 4x sight but the reticule doesn't have the range scale they only have the triangles.

Spears

2nd SS-Panzer Division

50 XP

18th February 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

decrease the area you can see with the sights.....make tanks harder...so the battles will be more fun. :)

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

Guys, just spend some time getting used to the tank sights. Eventually youl learn the sights on every tank and be able to use them effectivly, even at great ranges using the hash marks.

The MG is another story though, as it doesnt shoot anywhere near the crosshair. Youl alsways have to aim off to one side. Use the tracers and hit puffs for aiming.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

Even if they did remove them completely, I draw a dot on my screen, or put a small sticker on it. But you can also aim without messing around with glue and ballpoints. Just use your secondary weapon for guidance. Works for me.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago
KingrudolfEven if they did remove them completely, I draw a dot on my screen, or put a small sticker on it. But you can also aim without messing around with glue and ballpoints. Just use your secondary weapon for guidance. Works for me.

hi, check your private messages :mad:

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago

Are you serious about the drawing markers on your screen Rudolf? What a n00b tactic!

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago
'VioLAtoR[xL']Are you serious about the drawing markers on your screen Rudolf? What a n00b tactic!

Exactly! Using a "+" cut out of electrical tape workd much better!

The Warlock

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#29 16 years ago

Also, keep in mind that if you don't like the tank sites and don't want to deface your monitor, you can use the altfire MG as a spotting device. Use the tracers to hit your target, then fire the tank shot once you have it. It works great.

Lt. Havoc

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#30 16 years ago

I guess the initial view when getting in the tank is the drivers view then after hitting f9 you get the supposed gunners view. Yay another button to press while trying to fend on aggressors.