sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

i don't know if this is a feature which was discussed already, but in the preview of 0.6 you could watch a secondary(?) firemode of the kingtiger with this "targetsight" (don't know the right word atm.. :uhm: ).. is this a new feature in 0.6 for all tanks? does it replace the crosshair?

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
sturmklingei don't know if this is a feature which was discussed already, but in the preview of 0.6 you could watch a secondary(?) firemode of the kingtiger with this "targetsight" (don't know the right word atm.. :uhm: ).. is this a new feature in 0.6 for all tanks? does it replace the crosshair?

Really ? Aren't you confused with bg42 ? If it is secondary fire, what button fires the coax mg then ?

A (better) target sight then the default crosshair would be great though.....

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

The tank reticules are standard on all tanks and replace the crosshairs. You need to switch camera views to access the sight. The default view is just your viewport, no crosshair. Coaxial machine guns are still secondary fire.

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

yeah i saw it at bg42 (never played it..) but it would be great to add it in fh. it may be confusing, but it gives another touch of realism to fh and with some experience you can "calculate" how to hit your target again.

you are right, secondary-mode will not work, so it have to replace the "regular" targetsight. they put it in, i saw it at the kingtiger in alpenfestung yesterday. but i want to know if this is new feature of all tanks or only for the kingtiger in any strange way? i guess the first, but confirmation would be nice :)

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
Dime_a_DozenThe tank reticules are standard on all tanks and replace the crosshairs. You need to switch camera views to access the sight. The default view is just your viewport, no crosshair. Coaxial machine guns are still secondary fire.

cooooool! thanks for this info!

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Fh needs this for the German tanks!

Turmzielfernrohr9b.gif

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Dime_a_DozenThe tank reticules are standard on all tanks and replace the crosshairs. You need to switch camera views to access the sight. The default view is just your viewport, no crosshair. Coaxial machine guns are still secondary fire.

Not sure i got this.......can you still drive and shoot at the same time ? Is it just like the Stug views were but now with a reticule instead of a crosshair in one of the views ?

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
Beast of WarNot sure i got this.......can you still drive and shoot at the same time ? Is it just like the Stug views were but now with a reticule instead of a crosshair in one of the views ?

You can drive and shoot at the same time, and it functions like the Stug camera views. And yep, we got it Blistex ;)

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Dime_a_DozenYou can drive and shoot at the same time, and it functions like the Stug camera views. And yep, we got it Blistex ;)

Good to hear! Anyone who has ever played Panzer Elite will automatically get a +10% advantage now whenever they hop into the tiger!

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Dime_a_DozenYou can drive and shoot at the same time, and it functions like the Stug camera views. And yep, we got it Blistex ;)

but you have a limited horizon...? so it should be impossible to drive AND aim at the same time would be much harder as in 0.5?