DC Dev

50 XP

17th March 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

:clap:

Wow, FH is so awesome. It's such a huge improvement over 0.5. I love it. Absolutely love it. Some of you may have seen me on FH servers, I usually run with my DC Dev tag.

Now for some fun. I especially want to thank the FH team for the following features in FH.

1. Thank you for spawning us in the top of buildings forcing us to run down many flights of stairs in order to do something useful for our team. Also thank you for spwaning us in an enclosed cemetary in the Breakthrough map. I love starting out completely surrounded by impassable barriers.

2. Thank you for giving us small and predictable spawn zones in many maps, to make it easier for the other team to focus all their firepower in one concentrated area when there's only one spawn left.

3. Thank you for making most maps not count down tickets until nearly every outpost is held by either team, making it nearly impossible to win without personally killing every reinforcement the other team has. Breakthrough, anyone?

4. THank you for giving the Germans an uncappable outpost in Storm, one of the most fun maps in the game. It's awesome being able to invade a town, occupy every outpost, surround the last area, and sit there racking up spawnkills while the tickets slowly diminish, instead of letting the Russians actually occupy the town as is possible in other occupation type maps.

5. Thank you for giving the germans artillery weapons in Omaha Beach that are incapable of reaching any of the allies as they invade. DOuble thanks for erecting wooden barricades in front of the rocket tubes, which prevent the gunner from lowering the angle to where it might actually hit something.

6. Thank you for keeping the BAR and Bren from being used in any position other than in the prone. Because we all know the BAR couldn't be aimed until at least five minutes after a person stopped moving. All the video footage of BARs being fired in any other position were fakes, I'm sure. And just to demonstrate an extreme example, check out this PKM being shoulder fired: movie

7. Thank you for making simple hand-held anti-tank weapons the most cumbersome and slow to aim weapons in the game. I'm sure that video footage of Germans running behind a tank and popping off a PFaust was filmed in 3x speed or something. THere's no way a person could ready that thing in less than the time it takes in FH. Glad you stuck with the facts on that one.

8. Thank you for keeping the AT rocket weapons from flying at the speed in which they were documented as flying. Same for trajectories. I'm sure a bursting charge on that Panzerfaust couldn't put it out any better than hand-chucking the thing, as it does in FH currently. This movie doesn't show much, but it shows that they fly out faster than a thrown cottonball. movie

9. Thank you for not giving the submachineguns the ease of use and low recoil that they had in real life. Giving them a distinct advantage in short range fighting would have been a big mistake, I'm sure. I'm positive this footage of controllable automatic fire was faked:

thompson MP40 PPSH

10. Of course, thank you for making most planes handle like bricks and have the momentum of a lead-filled nuclear pile.

Wow, I'm thanked out.

Ok, so that was really cynical. But they are huge peeves and really affect the enjoyability of the game. I would think alot of them would have been addressed with all the time and playtesting that went on.

Honestly... thanks FH team. This release is awesome. I just wish it was a bit less bittersweet.

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

wow I can't belive you love this mod so much the Fh devs should relly thank you for your love to this mod. ;)

now one Q......why :rolleyes:

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Tanelorn, you have a lot of valid points there, but that "thank you" seems a bit like bashing.

And there are a few points in your argumentation that are not right :

1) The Panzerfaust movie shows soldiers sitting, and carefully aiming their weapon......i counted about 3 seconds before they fired, but when shown in the movie they were already aiming......you didn't see a soldier grabbing the weapon, preparing it for launch, and aiming it.

You DONT see bunnyhopping soldiers dancing around an enemy tank, and shooting it on the run......and you never will, in RL

A major reason why Panzerfasuts in perticulair were coded that way, is to make sure players would use them appropriatly, as defensive weapons for short range.......not as tank fragger sticks. I agree they could need a tweak, so not every side step makes the crosshair full wide again, you have to be able to clear the cover you where behind to fire on a tank, but it never must be a nOObstick again.......now that was really ruiining the game !

2) The LMG/smg fire is impressive, they really hold that weapons faily still.......but are they hitting anything usefull ??? My bet is he isn't really hitting that target.....if the barrel goes up a few mm, you will miss a human contour target whole meters further away then 20 m !! I have been in military service and fired 2 types of smg. Fired like that, you cannot hit anything with reliability further away then 20 m

You are right about the planes though, they just suck.

The rest of the errors can be fixed in update patches......nothing to be all worked up about. We kind of are responsible ourselves for errors not fixed before the release too you know.....we didn't stop pressing the devs for a release date.....if you were given a cent for ecvery whining post when FH 0.6 would finally be released, you'd be a millionaire....

And it is only their second major release....and you know what.....exept for those planes, they really did make a HUGE step in improvement !

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Tanelorn you are right with some of the criticism about the map layout (esp Storm) but you are way off when it comes to your ranting about the Faust and the SMGs. Making Fausts realistic destroys gameplay due to the limitations of the BF engine, so pls keep 'em as they are atm! & SMGs are easy to use and good enough in close combat even in spray & pray mode (ok, maybe the MP40 could use a bit more accuracy).

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

:agreed @BoW

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

no "thank you to dc-devs" around here? would be a nice "bash other mods"-thread. is this that what you want tanelorn?

Rumor

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Wow when I read the topic name I thought it would actually be a nice helpful post....

So its not only the players of DC who are immature tards its the developers as well, good to know.

Has anyone got a copy of the second release of DC? I wanna compare the 2 and then pick apart how bad DC was (and still is) back then.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

No bashing DC is not nessesary at all.

Maybe they forget, they have many releases behind them now to reach current quality, and have probably forgotten how their second release was.......

Was DC without bugs and experimental tweaks to find perfect balance ? We all know the answer......

FH devs need time too. And maybe it would help if they recruited more pre release test players too. I figure they just didn't have time enough to test it all. ( and what the heck, FH 0.6 is a Beta too, we are all beta testers now :nodding: )

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

lol

way to represent your mod :rolleyes:

This'll just turn into a bash fest...