[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys that played on the [SaS]Fogotten Hope 0.61 server yesterday. It was fun having a full house on the server. It still had 25 people on it this morning at 7am EST US but they all left when the Atlantic map loaded, I guess that map will be taken out of the rotation right away :) Also I am trying to setup the server to everyone likings so if you have any suggestions head over to our website a http://www.sascentral.com in our forums you will find a BF1942 specific area please post there or you can email me at [email="sgtmajor_rock@sascentral.com"]sgtmajor_rock@sascentral.com[/email] ... I had the player limit at 52 for a while, then down to 40 now I have it at 50. I will see how this goes, it can handle 64 but I think that is to many the games just get crazy at times with that many. Do you guys prefer a larger size 50 player or a small like 32 or 40? Hopefully the server will fill back up again and I can eventually weed out the maps that crash the server like Battleaxe and Market Garden, and the maps that don't play well with others. I turned back on map voting so you guys could get rid of maps that come up that are not well liked, DOH Constuctive feedback is welcome. Thanks again.

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Thank you! Oh your welcome! Oh I feel much better about myself now. Cool lets have a beer! :cheers: I'm at work, its Sunday and my server was full but is now empty because of that damn Atlantic map, sorry for the post its boredum setting in. Someone please tell me why the Pentagon has to be open on Sundays, I mean why would the Army need any kind of computer support. Who cares if their email servers go down!! DOH, I guess I do haha. :type: Oh well back to work.

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

You have a great server, but there's tons of competition. Don't worry, it'll pick up steam and fill up. :thumbsup:

Also, 50 is a good max player amount.

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Ok its on 50 now and I'll leave it there. There are so many maps also I have it only set to 1 round per map so people don't get bored (that is if you don't get bored on the super long map changes with FH). Ya I know there are a lot of server that are hosting right now, hopefully our performance will bring people, the server has a great multihomed connection and we get 2,000 gigs of BW a month :) Dallas is a great location for it also. [SaS] has 25 members so you will get good admin support on there most of the time. Regulars on our servers like to join us on Teamspeak as well. In case I didn't mention the IP for the server is 69.93.40.68, the Teamspeak server is on that same IP and players are welcome to join us on there, make the game that much more fun.

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I'm playing in your server right now and it's full with 50 people! :) It's a great server with good ping.

I do suggest turning FF on and to 100% to add to the realism and prevent people from getting too reckless. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. Great server! :thumbsup:

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I will be turning FF on later, but I want to let it go without for a while so we can weed out the morons that always pop up with a new mod is released. I saw a lot of other servers are having TK problems. Actually I have the bandwidth set to 256k per player with an 8 meg cap, this would put us over the bandwidth limit if it was full 24/7 but right now it seems to clear our from about 6am to about 12 noon so that will make up for the extra bandwidth being used. Thats a lot of bandwidth per player so it should run smooth as long as the maps are not causing the lag as some FH maps do. Yes last night it was full all the time I found at times I had to kick people so the paying [SaS] members could get in hehe. I might have to put in some reserved slots. Also for those that play on our server you can like I mentioned join us on Teamspeak 2 server 69.93.40.68, guys that join us on there will get privleges over others, like when the server is full we can clear a spot for them and so on :)