Cpl.Punishment

Putting the "Hip" in Hipocracy

50 XP

11th March 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

How does BF:V stack up against EoD 0.31? I mean REALLY stack up....not "the grass is taller.". The reason I ask is this; if BF:V really is substantially better than EoD, it would only make sense for FH to be converted for BF:V...you'd have to be crazy to NOT mod the most effective platform, and stick with something outdated and limiting. Of course, if BF:V really isn't THAT much better...if it's all eye candy and minor additions/tweaks, then it would only make sense to leave FH where it is, and continue working on a stable, developed platform with an already evolving mod...I'm guessing that it would take a pile of work to "convert" 0.6 over to BF:V. Anyone have a fair, unbiased, and truthful comparison of the two?

-Chapman-

FH Rocks!!!

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

There is soooooooooooo many posts about this now, you should use the search button ,its your friend ;-) But i'll answer your question anyways, i think FH just may as well stay, since that when playing BF:V it slightly takes the p!ss, since i can play BF on HIGH graphics, but on BF:V i can just manage MEDIEUM. But other than yet all BF:V is is just little extra things, which FH could over come anyways!

Cpl.Punishment

50 XP

11th March 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I have read the various posts...and none of them are about what mine is. They are about porting FH to BF:V. Mine is about a comparison between BF:V and EoD. FH is the underlying element, to be sure, but my questions are not about FH. See the difference?

-Chapman-

FH Rocks!!!

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Ok got ya, sorry, missunderstood But y u asking about EoD and BF:V in a FH forum?

lol anyways, i have EoD and BF:V and i think EoD is better, but BF:V has some little niffy tricks etc... so there sorter half and half (if you get me)

Cpl.Punishment

50 XP

11th March 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Not a problem. :) As I said before, I'm asking here because I'm questioning the need to port FH to the BF:V platform at all....and where else would I go to talk about FH? ;) I've been playing FH almost exclusively, so this is pretty much the only place I post now...if it's not an appropriate topic, I'm sure the moderation team will remove/redirect it.

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

BF:V is a great game and you can't even compare it to EoD, but I don't think FH should convert. Would take too much time and the system requirements would be sky high.

Cpl.Punishment

50 XP

11th March 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Mast3rofPuppetsBF:V is a great game and you can't even compare it to EoD, but I don't think FH should convert. Would take too much time and the system requirements would be sky high.

Why can't you compare them? Aren't they both based on the BF1942 engine? Aren't they both based on the Indo-China conflict?

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

EoD is porting to BF:V engine, by the way..

Cpl.Punishment

50 XP

11th March 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

That would be appropriate, I think... Much like FH is a realism mod for vanilla BF (both set in WW2 with the same weapons/maps/etc., EoD could easily become a realism mod for BF:V.

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Cpl.PunishmentWhy can't you compare them? Aren't they both based on the BF1942 engine? Aren't they both based on the Indo-China conflict?

You can't even compare the graphics between BF:V and EoD.

EoD is BF42 in Vietnam, BF:V is a whole new game, if you had played it you would understand.